Steam rejects build due to lack of controller support

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • Hello everyone!

My game 'Wild West Gringos' is to be released on Steam.

Unfortunately, my builds keep getting rejected because there is supposedly no controller support.

Failure:

Your build has failed our review because the "Partial Controller Support" category appears on the store page, but the game does not appear to support the Xbox One controller in gameplay ...

I don't know what is set differently for Steam testers than for me, but in fact I can control the game (in Steam) quite normally via controller.

This is my first Steam release, so I'm still figuring out all the settings on Steamworks.

Is there anything else I might need to set via Steamworks to make it work for the steam testers?

I use the Greenworks plugin 0.60 with the corresponding files from the Steamworks SDK 150 for Linux64 and Win64. I have also set all Chrome flags. Steam API also works (overlay, achievements).

I have now temporarily removed "partly controller support" from the store description until I found a solution.

Maybe someone has experienced something similar and can give me a tip?

Thank you!

Sascha

• What was the rest of the "failure" message? They usually tell you what was specifically wrong. My guess is that there are some game functions not working with the controller.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Heyho!

This is the full comment:

"Failure:

Your build has failed our review because the "Partial Controller Support" category appears on the store page, but the game does not appear to support the Xbox One controller in gameplay. The user is not able to access some of the gameplay functions using the controller.

- The user is unable to navigate the in-game Pause Menu using the controller.

- The user will have difficulty to control the shot direction using the controller."

When I launch the game via steam, I am totally able to navigate the pause menu by controller. Also I have no problems using the left stick or Dpad of an Xbox Controller to control the shot direction.

I have set the controller configuration in steamworks to "Keyboard (WASD) and mouse", because they told me so for a former build:

"- The "Partial Controller Support" category appears on the store page but there currently isn't a Developer's Recommended Configuration. For more information on how to create and publish a controller configuration.

During our review, we found that the Keyboard (WASD) and Mouse template worked best."

Could that be the problem?

As I said, I cannot reproduce the failures on my side, because I can control everything by controller.

Thank you for your help!

• Has anyone released a game with controller support on Steam and could share their settings: "Steam Input Default Configuration" and "Opt Controllers into Steam Input" (see screenshot above) ?

I'm pretty sure the Steam API is somehow "wrapping/manipulating" the default Construct 3 controller inputs and this seems to be the only Steamworks place, where I can setup things like that.

Fact is: if I set the "Steam Input Default Configuration" to "none", then Steam does not recognize any controller input from my game (when launched via steam). And that is what the Steam testers complain about. :-(

If I launch my game outside of Steam, then everything is normal.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)