Hello, does anyone know where I can read the conditions for the acceptance of steam games ?. For example, what happens if explicit scenes of sex are seen in a game? So I mean that, I need to read the conditions on the acceptance of games in steam.
You can find information about submitting to Steam here: https://partner.steamgames.com/steamdirect
This is the section that covers what you're after
[quote:3ol5iwku]Rules and guidelines
We have a few guidelines about the content that can be distributed via Steam. Please keep these guidelines in mind when choosing whether to proceed with distribution.
What you shouldnâ€™t publish on Steam:
- Hate speech, i.e. speech that promotes hatred, violence or discrimination against groups of people based on ethnicity, religion, gender, age, disability or sexual orientation
- Adult content that isnâ€™t appropriately labeled and age-gated
- Libelous or defamatory statements
- Content you donâ€™t own or have adequate rights to
- Content that violates the laws of any jurisdiction in which it will be available
- Content that is patently offensive or intended to shock or disgust viewers
- Content that exploits children in any way
- Applications that modify customerâ€™s computers in unexpected or harmful ways, such as malware or viruses
- Applications that fraudulently attempts to gather sensitive information, such as Steam credentials or financial data (e.g. credit card information)
Accepted types of content
We are currently accepting the following types of content: Games and VR Experiences. Non-game software is not currently accepted through Steam Direct. If you have a non-game software that you wish to bring to Steam, please see Distributing Non-Game Software.
I guess as long as your content isn't classed as pornography and is properly labeled and age restricted, then it should be ok.