What to do if someone steals your idea??? Is that a problem?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
  • Hello guys and girls!

What if you publish a game to web and you make an Android version 2-3 weeks later and someone steals your idea and makes his own Android version before you do??? What can you do? What would you do?

• If he stole just the idea you can do nothing.

You will find great information in this video:

Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • if they just took the basic idea, I would do nothing. There is nothing new under the sun after all.

IF however they stole my game, graphics, sounds and code, then I would look to take action.

• if they just took the basic idea, I would do nothing. There is nothing new under the sun after all.

IF however they stole my game, graphics, sounds and code, then I would look to take action.

But what if your idea was unique?

• > if they just took the basic idea, I would do nothing. There is nothing new under the sun after all.

>

> IF however they stole my game, graphics, sounds and code, then I would look to take action.

>

But what if your idea was unique?

No such thing I'm afraid, and if by some miracle it truly is unique, get a new idea right now, because it will 95% fail.

People don't like unique, they want familiar.

• No such thing I'm afraid, and if by some miracle it truly is unique, get a new idea right now, because it will 95% fail.

People don't like unique, they want familiar.

But if it's not unique you are just copying someone else, right? Or you think different?

• Game companies in the 80's and 90's got rich by copying another game...well...almost cloning them exactly but replacing graphics etc.

Illegal? No.

Unethical? Maybe.

A problem for you? It shouldn't be.

Focus on marketing, getting to know your audience, provide updates, fixes quicker then them and your game will stand out.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Once your game is out you can't keep your idea "secret". Realistically, nobody will notice and steal it unless you are successful. In that case, many people will copy it and there's nothing you can do, but you already achieved your objective.

Remember, nobody is so stupid to steal an unproven/untested idea and risk their money on it to prove you were right

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)