[SOLVED]Selling in the Chrome Web Store

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily add web monetization to your game and start earning money from supporting visitors.
  • I think almost every game on that market are free. But it seems to me that advertisements not yield much...

So, I want to sell. It worth it?

• The answer to any question like this is always, "It depends." First, we don't know what you would consider "worth it." Second, if you are only placing your project on the Chrome store then, not matter if you are selling or getting ad income, you are limiting your income. In any case, my humble suggestion would be to place a free ad supported version and a premium paid version to max your income. You will get far more downloads on the f2p version and if people like it enough that they are willing to pay to be rid of the ads, you will get a little added income.

• If your game is high quality, and visually appealing, then it would probably be worth it, otherwise, you won't get many sales for a low quality game.

Your typical average quality game would be under a dollar, typically 99 c.

Mind showing us a preview or link us your game?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The answer to any question like this is always, "It depends." First, we don't know what you would consider "worth it." Second, if you are only placing your project on the Chrome store then, not matter if you are selling or getting ad income, you are limiting your income. In any case, my humble suggestion would be to place a free ad supported version and a premium paid version to max your income. You will get far more downloads on the f2p version and if people like it enough that they are willing to pay to be rid of the ads, you will get a little added income.

hm... i like that free and premium idea

If your game is high quality, and visually appealing, then it would probably be worth it, otherwise, you won't get many sales for a low quality game.

Your typical average quality game would be under a dollar, typically 99 c.

Mind showing us a preview or link us your game?

My new game is in early stage of development.. but anyway, I don't intend to make 'visually stunning graphics'.

I'll make it as interesting as I can.

Thanks for the tips

• It should make a demo version and another full game and promote much.

• It should make a demo version and another full game and promote much.

It's probably what I'll do for my "complex" games. The simplest'll just put ads..

any tips in that ads thing? I'm using clay.io, but don't know if it's the best choice.

Thanks

• Don't waste your time with paid apps for Chrome. No one in that market makes any money cause everyone looks only for the FREE apps. You'd be better off publishing to iOS where the market actually is used to paying for things.

-Mike

• It's a good way to have a product and make it known, and barely registration costs.

• Thanks guys

• Nice, Im also interested in the Chrome WEB Store, do you guys have any links about famous C2 games on there?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)