Just received an offer for a non-exclusive license

• It's the first time this ever happened to me, so I'm quite...dazzled.

I recently finished a game (Penguin Slider, can be played at Scirra Arcade). and sent it to some gaming portals

One of them just answered, offering me 500$ for a non-exclusive license.

I would like to have some advice regarding this. Is it a good offer? Should I ask for revenue share based on how many plays the game have?

Thanks!

• That's the average rate for non-exclusive. You can try negotiating up to $1,000, just depends how much you value your game. Exclusive average at $2,000.

For revenue share, your best bet is to just do it yourself by using cocoonjs+ads and keep 100% of revenue.

• pcfernandesjr how long did it take from the time you sent it to them to the time you got the offer? For your first game $500 is not that bad at all.

• That's the average rate for non-exclusive. You can try negotiating up to $1,000, just depends how much you value your game. Exclusive average at $2,000.

For revenue share, your best bet is to just do it yourself by using cocoonjs+ads and keep 100% of revenue.

I see.Thanks for the tip!

pcfernandesjr how long did it take from the time you sent it to them to the time you got the offer? For your first game $500 is not that bad at all.

Working at night during 1 and 1/2 week.

Yeah, I did a quick search around, and 's reply sort of confirms that. It seems like $500 is slightly above the average price practiced.

Thanks for the attention guys!

• Sorry I meant how long did it take them to make an offer after you submitted your game?

• Congratulations on your offer

• That's a brillant start, congratulations!

• Sorry I meant how long did it take them to make an offer after you submitted your game?

Oh, i see. After uploading the game on Gamejolt, I sent some e-mails to gaming portals. It took 5 days to have a reply from one of them.

Congratulations on your offer

Thanks Tom! And thanks to Scirra for making this possible to me

That's a brillant start, congratulations!

Thanks Kenny!

• Great job man! That's a good rate for a non-exclusive license with no changes to the game.

• care to share your game portal list who sponsor html5 games ..

• taniafbd You should check the forums over at html5gamedevs.com as well for that type of info... or search the forums here

• $500 is allot of money. It may not be the best amount, but it's good.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great job man! That's a good rate for a non-exclusive license with no changes to the game.

Thanks Ed! Your case study is really inspiring for me to keep going forward.

taniafbd check this link: http://freelanceflashgames.com/news/200 ... -sponsors/

I selected some websites from this list and contacted them.

• Don't mean to hijack the thread, but what is the going rate now for a non-exclusive HTML5 license? I once got $500 per license, but now I'm told it is about $100. What are you guys experiencing?

• Around $400 seems to be the going rate from publishers I work with.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)