when publishing games, what do i need to think of ( laws )

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily generate many levels from a set of pre-built scenes (Construct 3 template)
  • Hi all,

A am thinking of making a game that i want to try to sell, but i dont know what i have to think of when it comes what "Eulas" user agreemets, licenes etc.. when selling in EU and USA or Asia.

what are your experiences, and your advices ?

• First, make a game that will sell. Then you can worry about those other things after.

• haha thank you, it is so very true

although i do want to learn, what there are for rules and laws that we have to think about, due too there are quite alot of steps that need to be taken ( atleast here in sweden )

so there fore i would like to hear your experiences and what you have learned

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Prominent breflabb

No it's not "true". Making games takes a tremendous amount of work and time. Also, too much effort and money to spend. Knowing before where you are stepping into worth a lot.

• , That's why I said make a game that will sell first.

• I don't really understand if you mean for using C2 or your actual product but I am in the US the most I see people worry about is not using Someone else idea or content, have rights to any music you use. If your targeting children you app can not collect information from them due to the child information protection online privacy thing. Also if it a kids aimed app minors can't agree to contract. But if its your original idea nothing really but setting up a tax id so you can pay US taxes on any US based sales. If you want to be known as a business register as a business in the US for when you file taxes. That is all I can think of right now.

• You can research some popular games and learn user agreemets, licenes etc...of it

• Legal issues differ from country to country, most international storefronts address those issues and problems to you before even publishing. Such as google play saying you need X cerdental such as some places requiring a rating system approval and rating based off a standard service most of which isn't worth selling to unless you have a game that supports multi-language, some cost money so yeah not worth it.

Most of the legal issues is more or less a personal prefference of what you want to expect from the users other than liablity claims of loss data or damaged hardware, which basically are just put in some EULA's to prevent people from blaming them for hardware or software issues more than likely caused by the OS. Some places require that you address certain issues like the usage of cookies but all you have to say is cookies use & collect browser data for advertisement agencies and done if you do ads.

Which you can easily address in a user licence agreement. If you sell it through certain storefronts they make you use their standard template EULA, such as scirra so you won't have to worry about anything if you sell it through them. But for the most part you won't have to worry about google play, steam, amazon, or most of the popular storefronts either.

• Legal issues differ from country to country, most international storefronts address those issues and problems to you before even publishing. Such as google play saying you need X cerdental such as some places requiring a rating system approval and rating based off a standard service most of which isn't worth selling to unless you have a game that supports multi-language, some cost money so yeah not worth it.

Most of the legal issues is more or less a personal prefference of what you want to expect from the users other than liablity claims of loss data or damaged hardware, which basically are just put in some EULA's to prevent people from blaming them for hardware or software issues more than likely caused by the OS. Some places require that you address certain issues like the usage of cookies but all you have to say is cookies use & collect browser data for advertisement agencies and done if you do ads.

Which you can easily address in a user licence agreement. If you sell it through certain storefronts they make you use their standard template EULA, such as scirra so you won't have to worry about anything if you sell it through them. But for the most part you won't have to worry about google play, steam, amazon, or most of the popular storefronts either.

thank you this was a very helpful post!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)