Publishing to CodeCanyon or Mobile Which One?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX One contains 400 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • Hello Everyone,

I just started learning Construct 2 and created a game with it. I just don't know where to upload it. I was planning to publish on ios and android market but after reading the reviews just found out that it doesn't look as easy to get listed and from the rumors I see the ad incomes are not as high as before. So actually I am planning to sell it on Codecanyon. Do you think it would be a better businessplan to sell on Codecanyon or would I miss the train by not publishing to appstore and google play.

I would appreciate any advice since I feel like I am in open water right now.

Best Regards

Volkan Kutlubay

• Sell Html5 licences to game publishers... Codecanyon ruins html5 market...

• Sell Html5 licences to game publishers... Codecanyon ruins html5 market...

yes but game publishers buy from codecanyon ...

• > Sell Html5 licences to game publishers... Codecanyon ruins html5 market...

>

Rly? Do you think 60 USD per game is enought?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • >

> > Sell Html5 licences to game publishers... Codecanyon ruins html5 market...

> >

> yes but game publishers buy from codecanyon ...

>

Rly? Do you think 60 USD per game is enought?

of course no

• Depends on the quality, and how many you sell.

Have to think about all the licenses. You need to make sure its non exclusive, and a license from Scirra would be a good idea as well.....

• > Sell Html5 licences to game publishers... Codecanyon ruins html5 market...

>

Which is what's ruining the market...

Why not try the Scirra Store? You get to profit and give back to the community.

• Codecanyon is not the best place but it is a good place to start and test the market.

I created a game for a contest and publish it there. So far I the game has sold 17 copies.

For 2015 my goal is to add more simple games to Codecanyon and more complex games I will sell exclusive and non-exclusive licenses directly to game publishers like Spil games.

• There is a good post here showing the kind of impressions and clicks you need to make decent money from ads.

http://appstoreninja.com/my-app-revenue-18-may-2014/ and also a post on the best ad networks http://appstoreninja.com/mobile-ad-networks-pay/

My own experience with iAds on iOS, is you earn about $1 to $1.50 per thousand impressions. (eCPM)

If you make a really addictive game, you never know... but the competition is massive in the stores.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)