Problem loading game on IOS (All versions/WEBGL)

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Is a circular loading screen with code ready to use. No Animation.
  • I am facing a problem when publishing my game to be loaded on IOSs browsers. It shows the loading progress bar, but in the end of the progress it reloads and starts again, few times, until a error screen is shown to the user.

It works perfectly on windows/chrome and android/chrome, but in the IOS in chrome and safari it does not work.

When doing the same in BrowserStack, it works perfectly

This is the game URL

dev-frontend.stargaze.games/candy-cat/index.html

Since I dont have a Mac, I can not debug it, or at least I dont know how to do it. As the problem do not happen on browser stack, I am unable to send more information.

It just happen on real devices. I tested different build configurations to build it, but any of them seems to solve it.

It can be a memory problem, perhaps.

• Checked it on my iPhone and it's wrong.

Checked on MAC works fine.

In the console it gives an error loading the icon

favicon.ico

• Checked it on my iPhone and it's wrong.

Checked on MAC works fine.

In the console it gives an error loading the icon

favicon.ico

Yes man... In desktop it works fine and also in Android. We had very similar problems with unity because memory allocation. But in that case, it was easy to replicate using browser stack.

In this case, with Construct, it works fine when using browser stack... This way it is very difficult to find the problem

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You have the ball bouncing on your site right now and it works correctly on an iPhone.

• You have the ball bouncing on your site right now and it works correctly on an iPhone.

Yes, o created a new project, almost empty to see if there is any difference. And... yes it works.

It is so frustrating!

I will create another projet and re-implement my game, step by step

• I doscovered the problem. The main character has lots of animations inside one sprite. The images were big and a bunch of them was making the Main Layout become huge. IOS is very constrained abour memory use. So it was making the game reload right after the index loading. I made the images smaller, what is best also to avoid internet issues.

Now the game is working properly

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)