What are some of the phones publishers focus on?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
About 900+ game portals: 400 e-mails, 514 contact/submit forms (last update: 2022, October, +275 contacts)
  • A question for devs or publishers:

What are the most popular devices that the publishers need the most testing on?

I'm tying to buy some devices to start testing my games but I'd rather buy as few as possible. I'd like to hear your suggestions and how many devices you (developers) test their games on.

Is the iPhone 4 considered too old for the publishers or still supported?

• I asked my community which devices they are using and then focused my application over a few makes and models specifications. Just to make sure that when the app was published it would work on the majority of the game's fans gadgets.

Keeping the community up to speed about tested models and those to come left the community less likely to leave negative comments, and I would apologize for the waiting game.

Maybe I was lazy by doing this, but feedback would surprisingly be centered around a specific range of Samsung Smartphones. I would have been wasting time and resources trying to get my app going for models of phones and OS's NOBODY in my close ranged community was using.

More like strategically seizing "Smartphone and OS's" terrain little by little focusing on the most obtainable one first.

But, yeah, that's me.

• I personally use only Google Nexus devices (Phones and Tablets). If you own each nexus device, you cover mostly all screen sizes (of the newer smartphones).

I have (will buy)

• Nexus Tablet 7" (2013 Edition)
    • Nexus Tablet 9" (2015 Edition)
    • Nexus 5 (LG)
    • Nexus 5X (on my list)
    • Nexus 6 (on my list)

I also assume that Samsung are a big part out there, but to buy each Samsung device is pretty expensive

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Good info.

I personally use only Google Nexus devices (Phones and Tablets). If you own each nexus device, you cover mostly all screen sizes (of the newer smartphones).

I have (will buy)

• Nexus Tablet 7" (2013 Edition)
    • Nexus Tablet 9" (2015 Edition)
    • Nexus 5 (LG)
    • Nexus 5X (on my list)
    • Nexus 6 (on my list)

I also assume that Samsung are a big part out there, but to buy each Samsung device is pretty expensive

What about Apple devices? I would assume they have a good portion of the market and from what I've read Safari or iOS can have some display bugs with html5.

• At the moment I only have an Iphone 5S for testing, but I don't develope for iOS. But if I developed for iOS, I would by an IPhone 4S, 5S, 6 and an IPad.

I use used devices for testing, so check ebay. So you can save a few dollars

Regards Andy

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)