kickstarter launch

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
  • Hi I don't know if this is in the right spot.. I have launched a low target kickstarter so I can hopefully buy my license and join the crew if successful devs here.. Please take a look and if you can spare a buck or two cool. Kickstarter.com. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... tato-salad

• Good luck with you campaign

• Good luck with you campaign

Thank you!!!

• Ok so I watched your kickstarter video and here are my thoughts.. sorry but I will be harsh here...

So, just a tiny part was dedicated to the game itself, and that wasn't till 3/4s of the way through. Even then, they were just screenshots. No gameplay video? There's no description of what the game is and what makes it so special that would make people would want to back it. It reminded me of a modified GhostShooter if I'm honest. The first frame of the video shows a screenshot of a game that looks totally different to the screenshots shown at the end, and tbh, that first one looks more interesting than the other ones at the end.

The actual video is uninteresting. The team members get more play time than the game itself? There's nothing on what each member brings to the table. That video could've been chopped down to 1 minute. The team members could've had their own little spot in the description rather than a video showing a photo for 10 seconds each..

Even in the description, there's nothing about the game itself really. Sure, you have a url to the game for people to check out, but why is there nothing on the Kickstarter page? What makes this game so special?? You don't mention any unique mechanic. It really does look like a standard shooter.

Also, the reward tiers... it costs $5 to get the game + name in credits but not until June 2015.. yet the $15 tier is the same + a certificate but the date for that is December 2014? Doesn't really make sense to me :}

So I eventually convinced myself to check out the game on your weebly site (seriously, it's only a few $ for a proper domain name). The game is buggy.. the turrets fire off to the top-left every second or something. For a simple game like that, there should be NO bugs (pardon the pun! ). Honestly, I see nothing unique to make people want to fund it. Also, the "about" page shows nothing? That would put any potential backer off.

I know you're not asking for much, but you have to realise people will be asking "4 guys can't afford $100 each??"

Right, rant over. Good luck with the campaign. You will need it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok so I watched your kickstarter video and here are my thoughts.. sorry but I will be harsh here...

So, just a tiny part was dedicated to the game itself, and that wasn't till 3/4s of the way through. Even then, they were just screenshots. No gameplay video? There's no description of what the game is and what makes it so special that would make people would want to back it. It reminded me of a modified GhostShooter if I'm honest. The first frame of the video shows a screenshot of a game that looks totally different to the screenshots shown at the end, and tbh, that first one looks more interesting than the other ones at the end.

The actual video is uninteresting. The team members get more play time than the game itself? There's nothing on what each member brings to the table. That video could've been chopped down to 1 minute. The team members could've had their own little spot in the description rather than a video showing a photo for 10 seconds each..

Even in the description, there's nothing about the game itself really. Sure, you have a url to the game for people to check out, but why is there nothing on the Kickstarter page? What makes this game so special?? You don't mention any unique mechanic. It really does look like a standard shooter.

Also, the reward tiers... it costs $5 to get the game + name in credits but not until June 2015.. yet the $15 tier is the same + a certificate but the date for that is December 2014? Doesn't really make sense to me :}

So I eventually convinced myself to check out the game on your weebly site (seriously, it's only a few $ for a proper domain name). The game is buggy.. the turrets fire off to the top-left every second or something. For a simple game like that, there should be NO bugs (pardon the pun! ). Honestly, I see nothing unique to make people want to fund it. Also, the "about" page shows nothing? That would put any potential backer off.

I know you're not asking for much, but you have to realise people will be asking "4 guys can't afford $100 each??"

Right, rant over. Good luck with the campaign. You will need it.

I appreciate that you took the time too look it over and your right there are improvements to be made for sure,, the reward timeline couldnt be updated on that one reward because a family member backed it immediately.. originally there was going to be a second game added hence the later reward date...i will change what i can and appreciate the feedback... as far as you being harsh..you werent you were honest and took the time...anyone who got mad about that is ridiculous

• I'm glad you didn't see me as being too harsh. Sometimes I find it hard to give feedback when something is really bad, and your Kickstarter is bad, but you can still fix it! Between 4 guys, it should take a day or two to redeem yourselves and make a kickass Kickstarter page.

When it's something as important as a Kickstarter campaign, it makes me a little mad when I see people waste an opportunity by not doing enough to sell themselves. I'm no expert by any means, but I've seen enough good and bad Kickstarter campaigns.

I didn't know about not being able to change the reward tier after someone backed it.. but yeah that makes sense anyway... maybe you should add something in the description to clarify that error since it will confuse people.

I'm not sure how much of that Kickstarter you can edit, but maybe you should put a little time into some research now and make that page a lot better. Tell people exactly what you're selling. TBH I'm still not sure if you're selling the team or the game or what..?

Here's some links that might help you see where your campaign is going wrong..

Kickstarter Crap -

^ This guy slates all bad Kickstarter campaigns.. I'd hate to see yours on there But he makes very good points..

Preparing for Kickstarter

^ Very useful info

..and search Google for "kickstarter post mortem" and you'll find very useful info from people who document what they did right and what they did wrong.

Just because your page is up, it doesn't mean your work is over. I'd say the hard work is just beginning ;}

The main problems I see are...

The game. It looks amateurish. There's nothing unique about it. Unless there's something you haven't added. You need to devote a section to the game and what IS so unique about it. What other ideas you have etc. Even add other game ideas you want to pursue. Also, I'd lose the weebly site along with the playable game. That game is nowhere near a point where you can show it. Work on that and get it to a point where it's very playable. Although people love good eye candy, graphics mean nothing if the game is fun to play.

The video... as it stands, is very off putting. It needs to be short, and to the point. Leave out the team members' photos. As I said before, they can have their own spot in the description.

The team... you need to state what each member brings to the table. With 4 members, I'd expect a better looking game (and Kickstarter page) tbh. Sorry if this is too personal, but why can't FOUR guys afford $400? If I'm thinking that, then other people surely will be too. That comes across as, you can't be that serious about your game / business if you can't fork up that cash between you guys. You mention you want to buy a Construct 2 license, but why can't you all pitch in and buy one? THEN ask for money on Kickstarter to fund artwork, music, etc.

The description... too short and not filled with enticing info. Plus there's no structure to it. Where are the stretch goals? You also need to do a breakdown of where the money will be spent.

Hopefully you'll spend some time researching and get that page looking better. Plus, work hard on that game. It needs a LOT of work.

• It's a shame you cancelled the project as I thought it would've driven you to work even harder, but hopefully that's why you've cancelled.. to give yourself more time to work on it

• It's a shame you cancelled the project as I thought it would've driven you to work even harder, but hopefully that's why you've cancelled.. to give yourself more time to work on it

no worries!! you had great advise.. We came to the realization that this wasnt our focus.. and wasnt very appealing from outside our circle.. ive published the game on amazon for free and have takencs the position it was a training excercise.. i really do appreciate the feedback.. dont ever be afraid to tell it like it is man.. we are cactually working on a really cool dtealth gsme w very unique mechanics.. im excited to start

• Great stuff. Glad I didn't offend. With your positive attititude towards criticism, I think (and hope) you'll get there someday. I wish you the best of luck!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)