IOS Cordova ignoring preferences

0 favourites
  • Hello,

I'm trying to build a Cordova iOS app in INTEL XDK.

I set Orientation to "Landscape" and Fullscreen to "true" in the Project's cordova option tab.

For some reason, my app stays in protrait mode, and also not fullscreen.

Why is it ignoring these settings? Testing on iPhone 5s and Ipad mini 1. Thank you for any help.

• I have the very same problem on iOS with "Landscape". For me it works with i.e. Phonegap Build but not with Intel XDK. My C2-setting is "Landscape", and I have now tried ALL Intel XDK project settings ("Landscape", "Default", "Portrait") - everytime I get my app in portrait.

• Try reporting the issue to Intel, since they develop the XDK.

• I have the very same problem on iOS with "Landscape". For me it works with i.e. Phonegap Build but not with Intel XDK. My C2-setting is "Landscape", and I have now tried ALL Intel XDK project settings ("Landscape", "Default", "Portrait") - everytime I get my app in portrait.

I'm also experiencing the same iOS symptoms, with Phonegap-Build working but not Intel Xdk. Any news with Intel's response? Overall, I'm looking forward to using Intel's well-designed Xdk with Construct 2.

• Hi TecenGOD - Did you ever get this to work in XDK? Thanks.

• Intel's response was "This is a known open bug in the iOS Cordova build system. There is no way to fix it at this time. The update must come from the Cordova maintainers". (However there are some workarounds mentioned in my thread: https://forums.html5dev-software.intel. ... =31&t=8380 )

But in the meantime cranberrygame made a ScreenOrientation-plugin which solves the problem! plugin-cordova-related-c2-plugins-crosswalk_t109586

• I am also running into the exact same problem. This worked fine before the iOS 8 update, but something in that update broke it. I posted on the Intel xdk forum as well, but so far they have not been able to give a fix: jan2000, thanks for the info! Are you using the plug-in made by cranberrygame ? I can't view the plug-in from the link and it's asking for three dollars, so I don't want to order it unless it truly works.

Ian

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • IanIppolito

If not work, you can be refunded.

Thanks

• Thx jan2000, the plugin from cranberrygame worked for me. Thx also cranberrygame for the fix.

• Thanks And thanks Someone has pointed me to a free plug-in, that supposedly not only fixes this problem, but also standardizes setting landscape/portrait across multiple devices such as android and Windows 8 (in addition to iOS), so I'm going to try that first. If that doesn't work, I'll be downloading your plug-in.

• In intel xdk fix screenorientation bug.

cordova plugin add net.yoik.cordova.plugins.screenorientation

in index.html please, add in <head> section

<script>

screen.lockOrientation('portrait');

</script>

or

<script>

screen.lockOrientation('landscape');

</script>

• I just has this exact problem, I'm going to try the net.yoik.cordova.plugins.screenorientation plugin

Never had this problem on Ejecta!

EDIT: OK, cranberry's screen orientation lock works fine. Nice.

See here:

• IanIppolito did the other plugin work for you?

• I just has this exact problem, I'm going to try the net.yoik.cordova.plugins.screenorientation plugin

Never had this problem on Ejecta!

EDIT: OK, cranberry's screen orientation lock works fine. Nice.

See here:

The cranberrygame plugin seems broken now. It disables all touch events in my app on iOS. Is it still working for you?

• codah It was working Mon 23rd, that's the last time I did an ios build... That's before the Intel XDK was updated

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)