Some guy stole my game :)

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Hi dudes.

Few months ago I made a small game, a quick-shot duel with upgrading elements "Sicario Kid" sicariokid.netlify.com. The game was sold (non exclusive) and uploaded to several web gameportals as well on a HTML5 gamedev forums (thttp://www.html5gamedevs.com/topic/42183-sicario-kid-quick-shot-duel).

Some time ago I found my game as a extension on Chrome Web Store: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sicario-kid/eljhmblbkhnnekdjdaakipfmiagcihep published by some portal. OK, Chrome Web Store is a forgotten place and I did nothing with this issue.

And now (few days ago) I found my game on an appstore under other "publisher" who was never contacted with me and of course have no rights for a game.

apps.apple.com/us/app/sicario-kid/id1458685879

This app store version is a kind of iframe app that working only with Internet connection (the "publisher" only disabled Leaderboard function originally is existed in a game). Moreover you can easily see on a loading screen the "made by 7thReactor" message, and the app version etc.

Yesterday I wrote a complaint to App Store support... Waiting for a solution.

P.S Really, I don't understand why this guy "the publisher" did it. The apps looks without any monetization and the guy have only one game - my game (for this moment). So what the purpose?

Tagged:

• By his name i can easily figure it out that he is an indian(i am also an indian)

Moreover you can easily see on a loading screen the "made by 7thReactor" message, and the app version etc.

I didn't got the message:-"made by 7thReactor" is your logo ???

If yes then i think that apple will surely take the decision to ban him.He will lose a $100 account

Actually one should never sell the source code until and unless the process is very clean.Also,if the game stolen "is just similar" to your game then sorry,no action will be taken because history says itself(every game is a derivation from another game !!!)

Or prepare an email asking apple to ask the developer for the source code(tell them that you have the source code).If the developer is not able to prove that the game was ever made by him then even his future in app store will be banned

but if he just took ideas from your game and then himself made the game then sorry !!!(remember mark zuckerberg)

• You need to complain to the site owners where it is hosted. App stores like the Apple app store and Chrome web store should have official ways to complain if you look around. You'll need to provide evidence you own the copyright and the location you originally published it, and then if you've made a good case they should take it down within a couple of weeks.

• Abhishek Thapliyal

I didn't got the message:-"made by 7thReactor" is your logo ???

Yes it's my logo and nick (7thReactor)

Also,if the game stolen "is just similar" to your game

No, that guy did nothing, he just rip all the game from one of the portals, or just somehow put an iframe of the game to his application.

And yes I wrote a complaint to App Store support, hope they will remove the game.

P.S I'm really not trying to make big deal from this, it's even funny story, that guy just spent annual's 100$ fee only for put one stolen game 😜

• How do you play the game? I just get shot and have no idea how to shoot hmm.

• How do you play the game? I just get shot and have no idea how to shoot hmm.

You are supposed to shoot at the right time, when it says "FIRE!". It gets really fun when you get the basics of it.

• For the chrome extension, as I know, you can press "Report Abuse" to request a copyright takedown.

• For the chrome extension, as I know, you can press "Report Abuse" to request a copyright takedown.

Yep, I just read your post and did it (at first I ignored Chrome web store as an insignificant etc)

• Ah I see. The game could benefit from a tutorial maybe just 2 images with mouse click and an arrow pointing to text 'FIRE!'

• Ok, It's was fast. The app support wrote to that "guy" about my complaint and give him possibility to confirm his rights for an app or remove it (at the same time they encourage the both parties dispute directly with one another to resolve the claim). Anyway, the "guy" wrote me that "he's sorry" and removed the app 😎

P.S Now I'm waiting to the reply from chrome web store.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah glad he took it down. Btw I really like the game. Hard as hell after a while lol

• Glad you got it taken down. I have played this just now, really nice! I like it.

• Nagval333 This is the first time I've heard of a game being stolen, especially around here. Usually game designers are too focused on bringing to life their own creations. Good work protecting your stuff, well done!

• This is the first time I've heard of a game being stolen, especially around here...

Thanks, by the way, today 10 days after a complaint to chrome web store they replied that a game will be removed too.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)