Getting a physical CD.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Make your combats so much more realistic with this Sounds! :D
  • Has anyone ever published to physical CD? If so what did you go through? I'm looking to get a physical copy of my first game so I can keep a history of games I make, good or bad.

• omg don't do that. any time i try to play my old music cd's i get so much trouble. time corrodes them away. the only reason I'd go for a cd would be to do some kind of "special physical edition" (which i definitely wouldnt buy anyway, for in ten years time would be corroded, even if laptops still come with a cd reader by then). labeling and stuff would make it kind of expensive to produce tho, unless you're planning to sell many, many copies -- i made the sheet design for some music bands back in the day, and saw that companies usually offer a better price the more copies you order.

If you just want to keep a record for yourself, go cloud instead, i'd say...

• I'd say you should purchase a decent sized external hard drive (Maybe a couple Terabytes they're relatively cheap now) and just use that only as an archive of your finished games. It's good to have a backup anyways and external hardrive is more universal and durable than a disc. Other than that you can upload your games to itch.io lol

I personally wouldn't "publish" anything on CD unless I was selling on a retail level or something like that.

• Get a cheap SSD or a flashdrive (they now have them for beyond 100 GB), as flash memory is pretty much nearly guaranteed to last for ages.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ...time corrodes them away...

I'm pretty sure that depends on the quality of the CD. Yes, the CDs I burned in the 90s don't hold up anymore but the CDs I purchased in the 90s still play fine as long as they aren't scratched.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)