digital market

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Shoot your way through with these 4 exciting, fun, energetic, and upbeat music tracks and 14 sound effects
  • When releasing your first game what's a good market website to target first as a new developer would it be Desura , steam or green man gaming .Or perhaps should i release it to multiple websites. Do anyone know how often do the developers get paid from there sells with Pc Games . And Im quite sure its going to be Rough getting my first game out there but im willing to pay any fees

• Do anyone have any ideas?

• I cant believe no one on here have experience with selling any pc games

• When releasing your first game what's a good market website to target first as a new developer would it be Desura , steam or green man gaming .Or perhaps should i release it to multiple websites. Do anyone know how often do the developers get paid from there sells with Pc Games . And Im quite sure its going to be Rough getting my first game out there but im willing to pay any fees

Your website, your own domain name, your own traffic, your own email list, your own loyal fans (followers).

Getting Exposure, Creating Buzz... getting a following of fans.

But your game is a product. Take of your game developer cloths and put on your marketer, business owner, salesman suit. Because it matters nothing what you game is, where you try and sell it. What matters most is the amount of eyeballs that see it, like it, and wanna by it. That is your job. You have to get it infront of their eyeballs, the game must be good enough for them to like it, and you have to make them want to have it - NOW!

Games are not sold in shops, they are sold via social media. Sure money is exchanged in shops, but the decision to buy happens elsewhere.

The point: Spend less time making games, more time getting names.

First game will creating a small following and if you did a good job, they will by, continue to buy your games, and tell all their friends... its a snowball effect.

• Ok have you sold any games on those websites I listed above im trying to get some user feedback experience with those websites

• My clients - yes. and Steam is probably the best option. I have no experience with others.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wow everyone love Steam

• Your website, your own domain name, your own traffic, your own email list, your own loyal fans (followers).

Getting Exposure, Creating Buzz... getting a following of fans.

But your game is a product. Take of your game developer cloths and put on your marketer, business owner, salesman suit. Because it matters nothing what you game is, where you try and sell it. What matters most is the amount of eyeballs that see it, like it, and wanna by it. That is your job. You have to get it infront of their eyeballs, the game must be good enough for them to like it, and you have to make them want to have it - NOW!

Games are not sold in shops, they are sold via social media. Sure money is exchanged in shops, but the decision to buy happens elsewhere.

The point: Spend less time making games, more time getting names.

First game will creating a small following and if you did a good job, they will by, continue to buy your games, and tell all their friends... its a snowball effect.

DUTOIT Very well said!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)