What is the best way to maximize the profits with 1° game?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Hi guys, I'm a new user of Construct 2 and I would like to know what is the best way to start making money with my first game...

Maybe Advertisement? Publish a demo version and sell a full version of my game? these two things?

How can I implement advertisements on my game?

Please, share your experience!

I have sure that it will help a lot of people!

Thanks

• I would say it depends heavily on the type of game and platform?

Very generally speaking, in app purchases are best for mobile games and upfront fee for desktops.

• Please majesticAsFk , could you give me some simple examples of a in app purchase?

My game will not have any online or multiplayer connection, what kind of "in app" purchase I must work on my game?

Pay to unlock other stages?

Its interesting to have some ads on the game even having in app purchases?

Waiting for some examples

• You could have adverts in addition to IAP, though you should be careful where you put adverts as they are disruptive to gameplay and lessen the quality of presentation - plus only really worthwhile on games that have enough (viral) downloads.

In app could be anything, such as unlocking other stages sure, usually they are something that will make advancing in the game easier like extra lives or new characters.

Best researching how the top grossing games do it like Candy Crush and Clash of Clans:

https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/

• Presentation.

Presentation.

Presentation.

On mobile, the market is quite vicious when it comes to art quality. If your game does not look appealing, you will not get many downloads and not much or any money at all.

Then there's the gameplay, now that you've got the player invested visually, get them engaged with an experience worth playing.

Those two combined, along with a good monetization plan and you have a better chance at success. Oh wait, then you have to find a way to get your app noticed......

• Objectively, unless you are very good and lucky or incredibly lucky, you will make little or nothing. The mobile gaming market is littered with great projects which have had a lot of time and money spent on them that sank without trace. The market is just too crammed full of competitiors after the same money.

But then again, there's things like Flappy Bird. But that's pure luck. It's not that good a game, it's not remotely original, it's not that well implemented and the graphics are nicked from Super Mario. But it took off.

Nobody really knows why it took off though.

The other thing is to find a niche that no-one else is in, say simulate a sport that isn't that popular worldwide but has devotees, like, say, Curling. You might not get many sales, but you might be in a niche on your own.

If you are producing the sort of game Construct 2 does very well "out of the box" you are reliant on luck no matter how good your presentation is.

• Objectively, unless you are very good and lucky or incredibly lucky, you will make little or nothing. The mobile gaming market is littered with great projects which have had a lot of time and money spent on them that sank without trace. The market is just too crammed full of competitiors after the same money.

But then again, there's things like Flappy Bird. But that's pure luck. It's not that good a game, it's not remotely original, it's not that well implemented and the graphics are nicked from Super Mario. But it took off.

Nobody really knows why it took off though.

The other thing is to find a niche that no-one else is in, say simulate a sport that isn't that popular worldwide but has devotees, like, say, Curling. You might not get many sales, but you might be in a niche on your own.

If you are producing the sort of game Construct 2 does very well "out of the box" you are reliant on luck no matter how good your presentation is.

Well basically this too. My last part was meant to imply the same thing. The mobile market is just so......convoluted

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think if you want to make money on mobile you have to design for it from the beginning and let it take primary focus, instead of making the game you want to make and enjoy making - and yes, a whole lot of luck.

• Hahahaha, thank you guys for all replies!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)