AppStore rejection - app should include iOS features

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
The internet is bombarded daily with new apps (app is the short term for application)
  • Hi guys,

I just got my game rejected by the App Store, for very interesting reason:

"10.6 Details

We noticed an issue in your app that contributes to a lower quality user experience than Apple users expect. Specifically, your app included limited iOS features. App Store apps should use native iOS buttons and include iOS features other than just web views, Push Notifications, or sharing."

I exported the game through Cordova, which is basically a webview wrapper. No surprises here. The game itself does not use features like Game Center or IAP, as it doesn't fit it.

I read over the internet that the rejection is because of the game simply being a wrapped webview. I have no idea what to do in order to get the game approved by the App Store.

Did any of you had similar issues?

Here's the link to the game so you can check it out and let me know if you find something that can be done / added to improve it so it will pass AppStore review process:

http://www.kongregate.com/games/chomi3/blue-box

Thanks,

Happe easter!

Mike

• First of your game is awesome, Apple rejecting it is plain their bullshit. They accept Cordova CLI games is your version Cordova CLI 4.1.2 ? The latest just for to be sure. And I don't know if you have C2 loading screen in your exported game, but don't use it maybe they think the game loads from web which isn't acceptable for Apple. Set the loader to "None" and if you prefer test my plugin to avoid flickering screen, . Flickering loading screen is not acceptable for Apple. Also add menu screen with buttons like Play, Levels, Highscore etc. Apple wants their games to be extreme baby "user" friendly. For extra help Pm your Skype. Also don't forget Apple guys reject almost every game because I think they are getting money by finding details and rejecting. All my games were rejected at first and accepted 2-3 time.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Find games in the store that use webviews.

• It's highly likely that Apple rejected the app due to it being just a website wrapped in Phonegap/Cordova.

Probably your game looks and feels (UI/UX) does not conform to the iOS, have you used simulator to check weird issues in Xcode?

If there are no weird issues, perhaps you should implement 1 (one) native iOS feature such as notification, Geo-location, contacts, accelerometer, camera and and the like..

Please read the following documentation and apply any one of them to your game

http://docs.phonegap.com/en/4.0.0/cordo ... gin%20APIs

I think SplashScreen API would be enough

http://plugins.cordova.io/#/package/org ... lashscreen

• I think the games cool too, BUT....it really needs some finesse. Like add a border, nice non-distracting background. Really needs a menu button

so PPL can return faster to a level rather then scroll to it. A help page (although its simple..but still some ppl are #$%#) and maybe a main title

page..get someone else to do the graphics, i guess they want it a little more 'esthetic'...then game play is GREAT but help THAT by making it look

GREAT too...know what i mean?

Like it

Cheers.

edit: oh..it does show the construct gear initially, on the webpage game anyway..if that appears in IOS then they're probably already onto the

C2 apps and might be negative against them as, lets be honest, some ppl put crap up too and some look like a 2 yr old did it and they probably

think low quality is coming from C2... "IF" that's the case, lets change their thinking.

• ejecta is wrapper too and they don't reject ejecta games

• Hey guys,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for late answer, as I was offline travelling after easter.

The good news is I left Apple 2 mails in the Resolution Center, explaining that it's a webview wrapped game, and is not meant to use extra ios features, and it would break overall game feeling, and they... continued the review and accepted the game

It looks like human level interaction worked out this time, and I'm genuinely surprised by the outcome of my messages.

After all, we're all people

Thanks again,

Take care!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)