Advertising your games on facebook

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Complete the collection by purchasing Music for Advertising & Film Pt.2
  • With facebook you can advertise your facebook pages for a pretty low price compared to everyone else like google adsense. For $1usd a day you can get seen by 100-300 people approximately. So it seems to be a legitimate way to get some fans.

I'm running a small trial for a few days on a new page to test how well it works, if the experiment flops, then i'm out a few dollars.

But has anyone else tried expanding their fan-base by advertising either through facebook and if so, was it successful?

• Ive used it on each of my game lunches it can work well if your Ads is nice and you pick good keywords and all that stuff, but if if you don't it's a waste. so when creating your ads be precise. For me just interacting on twitter and such has been more helpful though.

• IndieKiwi

what are the results of your Facebook test?

• I would also like to hear how your test went. Thanks.

• Nice idea, how is it? Any help?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I setup the ads and they were in "active" status and approved, CC linked to my fb account... but for some reason it never actually ran! Tried again and same problem...

Going to try again $1 a day for 6 days, check my settings and will update how this attempt goes when its over

• Ive used it on each of my game lunches it can work well if your Ads is nice and you pick good keywords and all that stuff, but if if you don't it's a waste. so when creating your ads be precise. For me just interacting on twitter and such has been more helpful though.

Yeah i think you do need to be precise with facebook, i've seen comments about fake clicks by bots with fb ads that add fake pages and friends to look "real" so it consumes an advetiser's funds. So since my page is for a game, I've also added the condition to show people who have "played a game in last 3 days", which should eliminate bots.

Thanks for the twitter suggestion, my twitter account is pretty inactive

• I tried ads on facebook mobile for a couple of my ios and android games and, while the ads reached several hundred people, in the end the cost per acquisition was (the sort of industry standard) $1 per install. Considering my games are free to download, monetize only via ads and every player provides, on average, a few cents, it didn't seem like a good strategy to pursue.

On the other hand, a short campaign for "likes" on my company's page was very fruitful: FB was predicting between 7-27 likes per day and I got almost 100/day instead!

Using twitter doesn't seem that effective in terms of installs for me either (and I currently have more than 2,300 followers, almost all game related). How do you move there? Any particular strategy?

cheers!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)