abaout publishing to steam greenlight

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Vintage steam pixels for your UI! 125 unique assets in a single pack!
  • hi everyone. which version i need to publish a construct 2 game to steam greenlight and how to do that?

the upgraded vesions are just for 1 year or i need to buy it just once?

• from what I saw you need to pay a "Steam Greenlight Submission Fee" which is 90 euros but you only need to pay for it once and you can put as much games you want on greenlight.

store.steampowered.com/app/219820

• I guess you are referring to Construct 2 versions. You need the personal edition to sell anything, and the business edition if you make over a certain amount. So you should be able to submit to greenlight with the free version, I guess...

• I guess you are referring to Construct 2 versions. You need the personal edition to sell anything, and the business edition if you make over a certain amount. So you should be able to submit to greenlight with the free version, I guess...

thanks.

if i want to publish to steam greenlight i need to export the project to desktop?

i need to buy the business just one time? (not every year like gamesalad?)

• Well to put something on Greenlight you don't need an exported project at all (but it can definitely help you get votes!)

To publish on Steam itself, you'll definitely need the personal or business version.

And yes, you only need to buy the license once.

• Hi,

The individual is permitted to make up to $5,000 USD lifetime revenue (or equivalent in other currencies/payments/benefits) from their creations. This includes but is not limited to revenue generated through advertisments, in app purchases, sale of content, licensing of content, contract work.

If you generate more than the above stated revenue you must upgrade your Personal Edition License into a Business Edition license within 14 days regardless of if you intend to continue use of your license or not.

http://www.scirra.com/store/licensing#license2

• Well to put something on Greenlight you don't need an exported project at all (but it can definitely help you get votes!)

To publish on Steam itself, you'll definitely need the personal or business version.

And yes, you only need to buy the license once.

thanks

• Does construct 2 support .exe because U no that's the extension steam accepts

• How can I make a stand-alone executable?

• I would recommend using Inno Setup 5. It's free and does the job very well IMO. You can always donate to support the developer if you want . You'll also want to change your game icon from the NW standard. Just google search for Resource Hacker, use that to change the nw icon to that of your game, then compile everything to .exe using Inno Setup. Sounds more complex than it actually is, just experiment with it to get the hang of what to do.

• Thanks for the answer.

I need to credit the Ino Setup in my game? or this is not mandatory?

• Check the terms and conditions of the licence but I'm pretty sure there are no restrictions in its use. I meant that if you use Inno then consider donating money to the dev as a thanks for their work.

• Ty again

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wait so let me get this straight, does inno setup turn a nw.js directory into a stand alone executable, or does it make an installer for the nw.js folder?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)