[Effect] mode7

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A total of 214 high quality and unique magic sound effects suitable for RPG, Battle Arena and more!
  • Here's an example file of what I'm trying to do with mode7. I'm not sure if its at all possible so i thought i'd ask Aurel and R0J0hound

Is there a way to get one object on another layer to follow another object on a layer with mode 7 applied to it?

see demo below: I'm trying to get the blue square to follow the position of the green square below it

Thanks for the help

Demo:

https://db.tt/up9DHfbM

Capx:

https://db.tt/IYLOif7m

• Wow this is awesome!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you add install instructions? It's a PITA having to look where to put these files everytime, considering there are 3 methods to install "plugins" =\

• I notice this shader now has ugly looking solid lines around the edge of the image with C2 r198 at least with a 256x256 image. Are there any settings I'm messing up that should be set a certain way for this shader to display right?

[attachment=0:jhcbfgob][/attachment:jhcbfgob]

EDIT: It appear setting the sampling to linear causes this issue after I had further time to test. It appears to work fine in point sampling mode but I can't use point because my trees that sway in the breeze look crappy with point sampling. =X And plus this still wasn't an issue for me before as I'd been using linear sampling for a while with the mode 7 effect.

• Here's an example file of what I'm trying to do with mode7. I'm not sure if its at all possible so i thought i'd ask Aurel and R0J0hound

Is there a way to get one object on another layer to follow another object on a layer with mode 7 applied to it?

see demo below: I'm trying to get the blue square to follow the position of the green square below it

Thanks for the help

Demo:Capx:

I had the same exact problem. Improvised it like this:

bit(DOT)ly/1vUhMHU

Its not perfect but maybe fits your need. Adjusting Y-speed of Sprite5 will do the trick

• After playing around for some time now i found no precise setup.

Can anyone help?

• To position objects the math in the shader is reversed, and it comes out kind of complicated.

Change the m7x and m7y variables of the obj sprites to change their locations.

Interesting topic!

I had made 2 behaviors (ground behavior, perspective behavior) from this capx to encapsulate the logic. Here is a sample capx.

• Thanks works great!

• Thanks hound

• rexrainbow

Nice behaviors!

What is the most convenient way to get the logic postion of the camera?

• R0J0hound I am currently trying to get the object(s) to follow the player until they reach the player or is destroyed from another set of events I've yet to program in. For some reason I am unable to perfect the following AI movement, the object sometimes moves towards the player and some times it doesn't, going off to some random direction, would you or some one else be able to help me? \/

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5o88nTp3aB9NkVnT1hsRF9tQ1U

Link to my capx. file /\ Note: I'm using the "Mode7_Tiled" fx since it has a cleaner long distance rendering

• neverk

My helper behaviors does not support it, sorry. It only maps rojo's capx into behaviors.

• Dunno if you caught this:

• OMG thank you for sharing! great job!!!!

• Anybody knows why I cant use a single image instead of the tiled image property?

I get this strange trail on the sides of the sprite with mode7.

Tiled:

Single image:

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)