Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • : I put up the little tutorial in your Q3D Tips and Tricks post. The only part that's not too detailed is how to do the multiple animations within the single .json file. I kind of glossed over it, partly because it's past my bedtime, but also because my way of doing it is tedious and a little complicated. I'm still trying to find a better way to do it, but I did mention how I do it now in broad terms. Anyway, here's the tutorial:

• Any News about next release ? What can we expect ?

I am also asking Quazi,,,,,,,,, how could I make fog of war for 3d strategy/moba,,,, what would be the best solutions ? Is there possibility to somehow combine native fog in q3d master to do that ? Or we have to do something with special shaders. I can imagine do something like that with something like canvas (render to texture ) and dynamicaly change texture on plane or solution with lights ?

• Ralph there is no new release, coming as big as was the last one, for now, as it was announced, the work for plugin is for the manual, and tutorials. as the plugin reached a stable state, and its mature enough! maybe some future updates will come, but we dont know! depends all on the developer!

• I.m wondering about the mobile demo. What are the optimizations done to get it to run smoothly on mobile. I just bought the plugin today and are getting around 4-5 fps on my very simple scene with one object and no textures. the mobile demo link from this page is running smoothly. Any help appreciated.

• tunepunk

the main optimization which gives better performance is keeping the resolution low. Mobiles have very high resolution screens but they lack the hardware to do 3D rendering efficiently at native resolution because of the fill-rate required among other things, so when "resolution mode" is set to "auto" in Q3D Masters properties, on a mobile device a large HD resolution is chosen and the phone can't keep up. You should set resolution mode to "size" instead, and then you can set the resolution to smaller specified values. You can also set the resolution with the action in Q3D Master (set resolution). Of course mobiles are also a lot slower in general so you can only expect smooth performance for simpler scenes (that's why the mobile morph demo only has one animated character)

• Ralph

I'm not planning any large feature updates for the time being. Sadly passing a texture from a C2 canvas is not something that can be done with the current WebGL spec since Q3D and C2 use different contexts. One way that you could try to achieve fog of war however would be to use the Q3D "Behind" mode or "Inside" (inside has some issues due to browser adoption). If you place the 3D canvas below the C2 canvas, you can then make fog of war as something 2D inside the construct 2 layer, and overlay it on top of the 3D. Of course this would mean you'd need to fix the camera or apply some transformations to get the C2 scrolling/graphics aligned to the 3D top down view, but this is the way i'd do it since it'd be easiest, and since fog of war is usually 2D anyway. you could probably do this pretty well with sprites/tilemap/canvas/blur depending on the look you want.

• Sorry to bother you again...Greatly appreciate if you had a chance to look at the Q3Dmaster visibility issue that we discussed earlier. Thanks!

• Hey, please make a TPS tutorial.

• BUG? Viewport not rendering correct size on Mobile, or not scaling correctly?

On desktop the viewport shows exactly the correct size as I set it to be in the project, but on mobile the viewport fills seems a lot larger and does not appear to scale with the rest of the layout.

I'm using Q3D Master mode "inside".

• tunepunk

if possible it'd be better to use infront/behind, they're less bug prone and it may fix your issue and inside is too slow for mobile anyway (it needs to do some expensive operations). The error is possibly because of something weird with the inside mode, and i can't easily reproduce it / test it so it will be difficult to fix. also "zooming" breaks inside because of the way it works.

• tunepunk

if possible it'd be better to use infront/behind, they're less bug prone and it may fix your issue and inside is too slow for mobile anyway (it needs to do some expensive operations). The error is possibly because of something weird with the inside mode, and i can't easily reproduce it / test it so it will be difficult to fix. also "zooming" breaks inside because of the way it works.

The problem is i would like to use a Q3D viewport working as a sprite in construct, that could move around independently. with other regular 2D sprites both in front and behind it. Here is a capx of what I am trying to achieve on mobile. Click & drag the 3d object around and you will see what i mean.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20560446/testq3d.capx

I noticed another bug. In Internet explorer the content in the viewport is squashed or distorted when close to edges. even in behind and in front mode but not in chrome. Do you know any other workaround to get the desired result?

• > tunepunk

>

> if possible it'd be better to use infront/behind, they're less bug prone and it may fix your issue and inside is too slow for mobile anyway (it needs to do some expensive operations). The error is possibly because of something weird with the inside mode, and i can't easily reproduce it / test it so it will be difficult to fix. also "zooming" breaks inside because of the way it works.

>

The problem is i would like to use a Q3D viewport working as a sprite in construct, that could move around independently. with other regular 2D sprites both in front and behind it. Here is a capx of what I am trying to achieve on mobile. Click & drag the 3d object around and you will see what i mean.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20560446/testq3d.capx

I noticed another bug. In Internet explorer the content in the viewport is squashed or distorted when close to edges. even in behind and in front mode but not in chrome. Do you know any other workaround to get the desired result?

???????? ? ???, ??? ???????? ??? ????, ? ????? ??? ??????. ? ???????? ? ?????????? ????????? ?? ? ??????? ???????.

??? ???? ?? ????? ??????.

????????? ?? ????, ?????????? ???????? ?? ?????????.

• The problem is that moving View Port and should be the object itself. I checked and it turned out is behind and in front of the sprite.

View Port is not needed at all.

Apologies for the language, the translator is not working correctly..

that's what he said accordingly with Translator!

• QuaziGNRLnose

Anyway you can add a support forum to your website? Maybe a Simple Machines or bbPress forum? It would be so much easier to search for answers than reading through this thread.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • can we somehow convert 3d vector to screen space perspective ?

// solved now !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 4 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 4 guests)