Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Sad to hear that C2 SDK is too limited for further 3D-things. Do you think C3 is more capable for such a task ? Or do you know any other 2D HTML5 GameEngine that can be combined with threeJS ?

Ditto here. I've been tooling away in Unity3D for the past 2 years on a larger in-house project, but Unity3D is way too heavy for the HTML5 client work that I do.

Q3D for C2 is good, and an incredible technical achievement, but I'm looking forward to something with better integration between HTML5 and the 3D engine. Preferably with the speed of development offered by Construct 2/3.

Quazi, any tools in the works? Maybe something in the next five years? :)

• For who is looking for the example files or manual, i took the liberty to upload them to my google drive they should be available as long as google drive doesn't close their services in the future.

Download Examples + Manual

Examples

Manual

In case you forgot how to download Q3D if you purchased it, here is the link

That being said, it still remains useful for C2 projects.

My last test shows compatibility with latest Construct2 Stable Version for desktop and browser - i didn't yet tested on mobile platforms.

(don't forget if you are using it in your project, don't minimize/scramble your script it will stop working)

• Ok... now i'm working on a own 3D Plugin for Construct 3 Runtime.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

That’s great! What are you using as a 3D engine? Also, any thoughts about physics?

Nice. Il definitely buy that one also (if you will make it available for sale that is) ... i have a collection of plugins by now that i don't even use anymore.

Is it gonna be Babylon.js or Three.js based?

• I do not know yet if I use babylon.js or three.js. I'm looking into both.

EDIT: And the plugin is free. When anybody support me on patreon or paypal - Thank you :)

• Sounds cool, if someone is working on a similar thing.

I am just curios which framework you will use. Still ThreeJS or something else ? And maybe you can show your progress ...

• Sounds cool, if someone is working on a similar thing.

I am just curios which framework you will use. Still ThreeJS or something else ? And maybe you can show your progress ...

I just started today. I think i'm use Babylon 3D.

Do you also work on a 3D-Plugin?

• Might want to poke QuaziGNRLnose's brain a little on this. If I remember correctly, Construct’s picking system creates problems with both threeJS and Babylon3D arrays. I think this is one of the reasons he abandoned further development of Q3D for Construct 2 and has no intentions of trying to do a Construct 3 port.

For my purposes of using Q3D as a simulation tool, what he created was perfect, but it may not make sense for a full game.

• Nope, not working on a plugin. I am just unsing ThreeJS for some stuff. I am just curious how far someone could get in combination with C2 / C3.

Why Babylon3D over ThreeJS ? Performance ?

cjbruce: Why are "arrays" a bottleneck ? As far as i know, "Panda 2" is able to combine its 2D with threeJS.

• Ok, my first 3D-Test works now (uploading later). Currently i'm use three.js, but the next step is: i'm testing the same with babylonjs.

• Nope, not working on a plugin. I am just unsing ThreeJS for some stuff. I am just curious how far someone could get in combination with C2 / C3.

Why Babylon3D over ThreeJS ? Performance ?

>cjbruce: Why are "arrays" a bottleneck ? As far as i know, "Panda 2" is able to combine its 2D with threeJS.

It has been a few years since I used Q3D, but I believe the array/picking question became apparent to me when the old Babylon3d plugin for Construct 2 was released in late 2016. At that point both Q3D and the babylon3d plugin were available, and we could make a direct comparison between two different approaches to picking objects that had nothing to do with the three.js vs babylon3d question, rather with the integration with C2:

In the Q3D (three.js) plugin suite, arrays and picking are done using Construct 2's built-in events. If I recall correctly, QuaziGNRLnose put in a significant amount of work on this, and it worked beautifully.

In the babylon3d plugin suite, the author used babylon3d arrays, which are much quicker to implement and are theoretically more performant, but this required creating a separate plugin called something like "mesharray" where you put groups of meshes. This was distinct from a "mesh object". It was very confusing as to when you would use a mesharray or a mesh.

The issue isn't with the underlying engine (babylon3d or three.js). The difficulty arises in the design decision of whether or not you want to follow Construct's array/picking scheme, or if you want to invent your own. My vote is to use Construct's scheme, as this makes it MUCH easier to use for people who are used to the way picking works in Construct.

QuaziGNRLnose, is my above summary mostly correct?

• Ok, my first 3D-Test works now (uploading later). Currently i'm use three.js, but the next step is: i'm testing the same with babylonjs.

Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.

My dream is to someday be able to draw triangles in 3D in Construct 3.

My completely ridiculous dream is to port our current Unity3D game to Construct 3. Its an extremely long shot, but it would be really cool to prove out the viability of Construct 3/HTML5. Unity's HTML5 implementation is still pretty much nonfunctional for my purposes.

• cjbruce Agree there, it's a matter of design acceptance between the implemented 3d script and Construct, if you want to make it technical so you as the developer / porter of the plugin to only understand it and a few others that are programmers, or is it for everyone that never has come near the word "array" or "mesh". (and that is where Q3D shined over Babylon from my opinion also, however i did found that the Babylon js was way way faster than the Q3D mainly cause of the separated way of doing things and not using the C2 array/picking)

Also i remember some questions Quazi had about the c2runtime but i can't recall what that had to do back when he was developing the plugins and behaviors, was probably figuring out compatibility, but C3 runtime might be a different possible easier match.

Edit: cjbruce is the game using any 3d assets? or features that C3 doesn't have?

macube that is nice can't wait to see ur achievement, would love to see your events structure though more than the three.js suzanne model spinning or eating a banana lol

cause in theory, you can load the three.js file in any Construct project and use the browser object to build up/execute the js functions, but then that wouldn't make it construct dependent anymore, but js dependent ... and using Construct to only port to different devices.

• My first test (C3 Runtime):

massive-cube.com/work/3D/ThreeJS

With the arrow-keys, you can move.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)