Q3D V-2.4 [3D Physics + Skeletal Animation UPDATE]

From the Asset Store
Fantasy Game includes more than 600 sound effects inspired by hit computer games like World of Warcraft and Diablo.
  • Yes it would have been really helpful if animations could be possible. I remember someone doing it through javascript and those videos are available in youtube.

• Has anyone released anything using this plugin? I tinkered with it some but didn't know how viable it was to invest time in figuring it out without having some idea of what people are doing with it? Are folks able to port to mobile apps with this or perhaps it's reliant on browsers to interact with correctly?

• part12studios

Nothing big was released, some small games I've seen here and there. Did some funny stuff myself.

It's mostly the type of plugin you want to play with, not work with.

Plus it was abandoned & there is no conversion to Construct 3.

My suggestion If you want to make a 3D game for mobile apps you better jump straight to Unity. It's the best engine for the platform, especially from perspective of work availability.

• My suggestion If you want to make a 3D game for mobile apps you better jump straight to Unity. It's the best engine for the platform, especially from perspective of work availability.

Unity is very great, but the html5-export is very bad. The best way to create html5 3d-games is babyonjs: babylonjs.com

• Whatever happened to the Babylon plug in? You can find it's listing in the store but it does not have a page anymore.

• Has anyone released anything using this plugin? I tinkered with it some but didn't know how viable it was to invest time in figuring it out without having some idea of what people are doing with it? Are folks able to port to mobile apps with this or perhaps it's reliant on browsers to interact with correctly?

Yes. We did “Robot Rumble” for the AirConsole game contest 2 years ago. It wasn’t commercially viable, earning a total of about $35 the first year. My biggest issue with Q3D is that it is no longer supported. It was fun to play with, but no support or further development is the death knell for a commercial project.

I love the idea of browser based games. Unfortunately, people expect the web to be free and aren’t willing to pay enough to support developers to keep developing.

If you are interested in making mobile 3D games commercially as a small developer, it is hard to beat Unity3d. Their HTML5 export is terrible, and their mobile HTML5 export is nonexistent. For us, Unity was the clear choice when we decided against HTML5 as the target platform for our next 3D game.

If you are worried about the “no coding” dream of Construct + Q3D for mobile, I strongly suggest looking at Unity instead. You will waste so much time trying to get a very limited 3D feature set working for mobile using Q3D, and have something working out of the box in Unity in almost no time at all.

I would love to do a mobile HTML5 port someday using Construct3, but the 3D plugins don’t exist yet.

• I've been using Q3D lately but I can't figure out how to make a raycaster that always points to where the camera is pointing.. I was able to check for collisions by making the player shoot an invisible q3d object onto certain things (like the TV) but I'd rather use raycasting (since this way I would be able to show an icon saying that the thing the player is looking at can be interacted with).

Subscribe to Construct videos now

This is the code:

Am I missing something? I've looked all over this thread and it seems that GeorgeZaharia was able to figure something out but the link is broken.

cc QuaziGNRLnose

• I've been using Q3D lately but I can't figure out how to make a raycaster that always points to where the camera is pointing.. I was able to check for collisions by making the player shoot an invisible q3d object onto certain things (like the TV) but I'd rather use raycasting (since this way I would be able to show an icon saying that the thing the player is looking at can be interacted with).

Subscribe to Construct videos now

This is the code:

Am I missing something? I've looked all over this thread and it seems that GeorgeZaharia was able to figure something out but the link is broken.

cc QuaziGNRLnose

Really Amazing work, I haven't reached to this level in Q3d but i am friends here will surely help you. If possible please share a tutorial that how to use Q3d. We all looking for a simple and easy to understand tutorial.

• Hi. Yo can share yout file .Capx example of Q3D TV please?

• Thanks for the replies, it's great to know. Yea unity3d (even playmaker) is really no fun to work with for me. I enjoy Construct game making. I just don't understand why it's all that hard to make a 3D version of Construct.. we have everything needed to make games.. so we add a z axis.. is that really such a huge leap from x and y? I'm not even saying it has to be able to do complete 3D.. even if it were just something "2.5D" where you could tilt the viewing plain and insert 3d assets to move around effectively still a 2D game.. oh well.. someday someone will come up with a product that can do this and be easy to use like Construct.

• Am I missing something? I've looked all over this thread and it seems that GeorgeZaharia was able to figure something out but the link is broken.

Hi, which link is that?

there is a raycasting example in the Q3D examples zip, but is raycasting from mouse position, you can swap the mouse coordinates to camera coordinates, by using Q3DMaster.Camera.X / Y / Z let me know which link is broken il check my drive and update it.

but i tink in my example, i used the example raycasting, and lock mouse on center of screen with the plugin that was recommended.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • andreyin

Q3D Master should have a camVecX/camVecY/camVecZ property that you can use to get the view direction which would be more convenient. Also I think nTx/nTy/nTz will be pointing away from the view direction if you copy the camera rotation like that (it's a quirk of openGL, the camera looks in the opposite direction of the Z axis), and you might need to force a model matrix update using the action for this to get up to date values.

If I misunderstood your issue let me know.

• andreyin

sorry for the double post.

Just remembered the best way to do this is to use a viewport object. It has the same kind of raycasting conditions, but lets you test a ray exactly based on the mouse position accounting for the effect of the projection matrix. If you create a viewport and make it the size of the screen you should be able to do this easily by casting a ray using the absolute mouse position.

• Would it be possible to create an app in say Three.js and then display it in an iframe in C3. Then is is there an easy way to communicate with the iframe to and from C3?

• Would it be possible to create an app in say Three.js and then display it in an iframe in C3. Then is is there an easy way to communicate with the iframe to and from C3?

use scripts on c3 to create and set a second iframe for three.js and "comunicate" data from c3 (size and position objects on c3) to set to objects on three js

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 7 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 7 guests)