[Plugin] Photon Cloud

From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • like i said as long as you don't expect any further features you are golden.

But you got a very real game in the pipline and it may make the guys at photon pay a bit more attention to the constuct2 community.

I really hope so, it's not like I don't like this plugin or the photon guys , i just stated the facts within my best knowledge of the situation.

still even without any feature updates its a solid plugin, all i say is dont expect any more then that based on the previous responses.

• ThePhotons if we Set the Property of an Actor, how do we Web Forward the request? There isn't an option like in there is for the Raise Event action.

• Web forward is not even in Photon js SDK yet (only room properties can be forwarded). So in this case we need to update both products.

Construct2 plugin is not priority for us currently. We released basic version as POC and now happy to see that it works good for many Scirra users. This encourages us to invest time in adding some of missing feature. As I wrote earlier, it's not easy sometimes to express even quite simple things in terms of Construct2 visual editor. But things like web forward or room matchmaking basics can be added easily.

• Anyone have any idea about the process in creating an "mmo" style game using Photon that is equipped with account registration/login and a database to store/load user information?

1. Would we need to run a Photon Server (Self-Hosted) - instead of going the Cloud route?

2. If so, how do we get that up and running: I've followed the quick start guide but no luck connecting via my C2 app: http://doc.photonengine.com/en/realtime ... uick-start

1. The main reason to switch to Photon Server for MMO is requirement to handle large number of players. Without client's "interest area" support by server, you end up with too many updates across network. Photon Server goes with MMO application sample. See https://doc.photonengine.com/en/onpremi ... mo-concept and oter MMO documentation for details.

2. What errors do you get in console? Does Photon server successfully starts with LoadBalancing application running? You may test this from PhotonControl tray utility menu.

In client's Photon object properties, HostType should be set to Self Hosted and selfHostedAddress to your server address and port like localhost:9090

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ThePhotons

1-Where can I download the plugin for c2? (link was deleted and i cant find any new links)

2-Why i cant find SDKs for Photon Chat, plugin works only with Photon Realtime?

• 1. You can find download links in initial topic post:

2. Photon Chat is another Photon API which most likely requires another C2 plugin which does not exist currently.

• ThePhotons

1-Where can I download the plugin for c2? (link was deleted and i cant find any new links)

2-Why i cant find SDKs for Photon Chat, plugin works only with Photon Realtime?

You can already do chat through the existing plugin - look through this thread, someone's already posted an example.

• [quote:1pxajq99]Photon Chat is another Photon API which most likely requires another C2 plugin which does not exist currently.

1 - What's the difference between real-time mode and chat mode?

2 - Do you planning make a plugin for a chat?

3 - With current plugin, I can not connect to the server: "Authentication failed"

I need a same plugin, but i want to link it with chat-server.

Maybe the problem can be solved by changing a few lines of code?

Waiting for your reply.

It's really unfairly to ?2-users please fix it.

• This is already possible and easy to do a chat :

• [quote:2wmcfy7s]Photon Chat is another Photon API which most likely requires another C2 plugin which does not exist currently.

1 - What's the difference between real-time mode and chat mode?

3 - With current plugin, I can not connect to the server: "Authentication failed"

Waiting for your reply.

It's really unfairly to ?2-users please fix it.

You need to make sure to put the AppID (which you get from Photon once you've set the app up on their platform) into the plugin to be able to connect and send/receive data. The error is on your end, not theirs.

• Does the plugin work on the scirra arcade ?

Because my game don't work on the arcade :s

Everybody are disconnected when they try to join the room.

• You need to make sure to put the AppID (which you get from Photon once you've set the app up on their platform) into the plugin to be able to connect and send/receive data. The error is on your end, not theirs.

All is well as long as I work with the photon-realtime, but when I try to connect to the chat server, I get an error.

This is already possible and easy to do a chat :

Yes, but it is 2 times more expensive to do chat on the not chat server.

• 1 - What's the difference between real-time mode and chat mode?

Realtime and Chat are different servers providing different APIs. Realtime lets clients communicate inside a room after room created and joined from a lobby. Clients see all others in a room and can chat inside room via Realtime events. Clients can't see clients in other rooms.

Chat API provides public channels subscription/unsubscription and private messages model. All clients connected with the same appid can exchange with messages. But they should know each others names or shared channel name. You can't list all clients joined to a channel or to a server as you do for room player list.[quote:34n8tgra]

We do not have ETA at the moment. [quote:34n8tgra]

AppId type defines which server, Realtime or Chat, client will be routed to. Running plugin with Chat appid will result in connection failure since Chat server expects Chat client to be connected.

• ThePhotons ,what happens when you go over your 500 msgs/sec limit? , do messages start to get lost or get queued or?

• Found on Photon forum (http://forum.photonengine.com/discussio ... ment_24978):

"The messages limit is not a hard one. If one game goes over it but some others are not, then we won't do anything about it. Also, the first thing we do is to get in contact with you, if the limit is a problem."

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)