[PLUGIN] Magicam for C2(Alpha 6.5 1/8/14)

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • Hi,

Is there a way to have "shaking layers"?

For example, if a bomb explodes with a strength 50 shaking for a duration de 1 second, and if another event starts a strength 20 shaking for 0.3s during the bomb explosion, the bomb shaking immediately stops and the small shaking overrides the bomb one. Any way to have the big ones overriding the smaller ones, but when they finish, the other shakings occurring at the same time continue ?

Magicam has a built-in Shake action. Look under the "Misc." section.

• > Hi,

> Is there a way to have "shaking layers"?

> For example, if a bomb explodes with a strength 50 shaking for a duration de 1 second, and if another event starts a strength 20 shaking for 0.3s during the bomb explosion, the bomb shaking immediately stops and the small shaking overrides the bomb one. Any way to have the big ones overriding the smaller ones, but when they finish, the other shakings occurring at the same time continue ?

>

Magicam has a built-in Shake action. Look under the "Misc." section.

Yeah, but like I said, magicam only works on the viewport I think, so shaking layers isn't the same as shake camera.

• If I'm not mistaken, I think Coin-coin wants to be able to queue up -- or run simultaneously -- multiple camera shakes, rather than shake individual layers. MagiCam can't handle that itself, but one could always setup a queue that initiates camera shakes in sequence.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If I'm not mistaken, I think Coin-coin wants to be able to queue up -- or run simultaneously -- multiple camera shakes, rather than shake individual layers. MagiCam can't handle that itself, but one could always setup a queue that initiates camera shakes in sequence.

Yeah, I just created a function to do that. It seems to work fine with multiple camera shakes, even on scenes with a lot of parallax.

Which reminds me: The zoom limits sometimes get a little shaky when the camera is near the outer zoom limits. Not really related to camera shake, just something I noticed while playtesting.

• Hello, please, I want to try this but do not know what should I do with this extension "c2addon".

• Hello, please, I want to try this but do not know what should I do with this extension "c2addon".

Addons are covered in the manual HERE.

Basically, you just drag and drop the .c2addon onto a Project Layout window and follow the prompts.

• Ah, thanks, I not remember that this information was in the manual..

• cool addon, i like the custom transitions

• How to disable the magicam zoom completely as it affects so that layout scale does not work anymore. I tried to zoom to contain but have not tried with different values yet.

Is it really so that Layout Scale changes don´t work with magicam installed (or active)?

Other than that this seems interesting and promising plugin.

• No answer. Okay. It seems that the zoom can´t be turned off. At least my efforts on that would suggest that it´s not possible.

• tomi71 MagiCam overrides layout scale when there's an active camera - just use the "Set zoom" action, which works the same way as layout scale.

• I use scale layout scale in real time. I wonder if setting zoom in real time would work as well.

• tomi71 I'm not really sure what you mean by that. There shouldn't be any problems setting zoom in place of layout scale.

• All right. Good to know

• Is there a way to clamp the MagiCam to a particular viewing area, like based on coordinates?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)