[plugin] firebase

From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • > Wolney

>

> PM to scirra.com/forum/plugin-firebase_p1058397 these users which had built firebase on APK successfully.

> METR1C

> mickeyboy

> AndreasR

>

Wolney

My Firebase Template is already on upload. Once it's been approved, I'll share a link with you.

You already can review the demo here.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105788398/Construct2-Demos/Firebase-Template/index.html Firebase - Game Accounts

Good morning AndreasR

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. Will solve a big problem.

When I export the game to Android (with Intel XDK), the login does not work.

You can share a picture as configure Intel XDK to build android?

Thank you for help with this step. Cheers.

• >

> > Wolney

> >

> > PM to plugin-firebase_p1058397?#p1058397 these users which had built firebase on APK successfully.

> > METR1C

> > mickeyboy

> > AndreasR

> >

>

> Wolney

> My Firebase Template is already on upload. Once it's been approved, I'll share a link with you.

> You already can review the demo here.

>

> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105 ... index.html Firebase - Game Accounts

>

Good morning AndreasR

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. Will solve a big problem.

When I export the game to Android (with Intel XDK), the login does not work.

You can share a picture as configure Intel XDK to build android?

Thank you for help with this step. Cheers.

Hi,

I do not use Intel XDK, so I can't help you on that. I'm only using CocoonIO.

At the moment I only got it fully working for HTML5 games (Desktop).

I'm hoping for a Cordova Firebase plugin, but atm there are none.

I made a template with capx file included, but it's only working on HTML5 export.

https://www.scirra.com/store/royalty-fr ... ounts-2755

Regards

Andy

• Update

Add rex_backendless_savedata.

Is it better to separating discussing of parse/backendless plugins from this firebase thread? There are 3 backend services in this thread now...

LennyHood

savedata plugin of backendless has updated.

• Update

rex_backendless_api plugin:

After discussing with mickeyboy , now my backendless plugins could connect with standalone backendless server, by setting property "IP address" to your server IP.

• Update

rex_firebase_authentication : fix a bug when login at start of layout.

rex_firebase_savedata:

• change "condition: on get body error" to "condition: on get unused body", which can be used to initial slot body.
    • cache saved data when call "action:save", so it can read latest data without loading.
    • add messages shown at debug panel.

Here is a sample capx to save user variables by this plugin.

• Hi,

I move backendless plugins into this thread, and remove parse plugins in the first post of this thread.

• Update

rex_firebase_apiV3: upgrades api to 3.3.0

rex_firebase_authentication:

• shows current user properties on debug panel
    • add "Action:Link to facebook", "Action:Link to google", "Action:Link to email-password" to link current user to another authentication providers.

( sample capx - link to facebook , link to email-password )

• Good Morning. How are you doing?

The firebase plugins works on android? Thank you very much in advance.

• I've tested them. The plugins are compatible with Cordova(Phonegap) for mobile apps.

Notice that if anyone use the Firebase Authentication Plugin to build Cordova project,

you have to add "In App Browser Plugin" to make it work. You may find "In App Browser Plugin" from plugin-cordova-related-c2-plugins-crosswalk_t109586 Cranberrygames's work.

Good Morning. How are you doing?

The plugin "firebase leaderboard and firebase authentication" works on android? I already have the cranberry plugins. Thank you very much in advance.

• Wolney

firebase authentication has several authentication providers -

1. built-in email & password login, it should be worked in mobile phone with Cordova(Phonegap).

2. other three party authentication providers like facebook or google+, the problem is how to pop-up login window in mobile phone. It might need other plugin like "In App Browser Plugin". But I do not have any experience of Cordova(Phonegap)

• rexrainbow

Hi, rex. I didn't tested, may be you. Does firebase support real-time game for 4-6 players or it will be laggy?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The latency might be larger than 100ms (data transfer between Taiwan and American I guess), since firebase uses websocket.

You could try this testing, which is multiple-players on a big map.

• arrow key to move your character

Here is a comparison table of back-end services. The best solution for multiple-players ACTION game is official multiple-player plugin, imo.

• rexrainbow

Official multiplayer better than photon? Do you know?

• Official multiplayer uses webRTC, which support p2p, and official MP has latency compensation, it is very important for ACTION game.

Photon uses websocket, which needs a center server to transfer messages, so the latency will larger than official MP ideally.

• Wolney

firebase authentication has several authentication providers -

1. built-in email & password login, it should be worked in mobile phone with Cordova(Phonegap).

2. other three party authentication providers like facebook or google+, the problem is how to pop-up login window in mobile phone. It might need other plugin like "In App Browser Plugin". But I do not have any experience of Cordova(Phonegap)

Thank you Rex. I will hope that someone has an example of the construct and Intel XDK. Thanks for everything.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)