[BEHAVIOR] Chipmunk Physics

From the Asset Store
Simple yet very life-like rag doll made with Physics!
  • adcornaglia , I only use this Chipmunk physics plugin now- I don't use the default physics. This plugin has a lot more features.

• Hey all!

What am I doing wrong?

I tried to create a pinball flipper, but the pivot point is a bit "sloppy". I tried to change the "PAD_FORCE_STRENGTH" too, but it does not help. (I want it to move quickly anyways.)

It is obviously moves away from its original position, then slides back after a while. Is there a way to get rid of this extra movement? It looks like I am using the wrong joint, because it is not the "pin" like in the default physics.

Thanks for your replay and help!

• hey, i'm a complete beginner on physics... Should i start straightaway with chipmunk, or would it be better if i master first (and i'm far from mastering nothing as for now) the basic C2 physics?

• Borgi

Best I can tell the force pulls the joint out of place. Maybe try a torque instead?

Either would be fine to use.

• R0J0hound

Would you mind checking this example? https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6SE3 ... mJTemxHOUE

Hopefully I am doing something obviously wrong but I can't seem to spot it. I am trying to attach the crack to image point '1' and then have it turn. It seems to always setup the joint to the origin through and cause it to move strange.

Thanks,

• Mayfly

You probably shouldn't set the position or angle of objects connected by joints. Disable the action that sets the angle and the objects pivot correctly. Try a gear joint with a ratio of 2 between crankRear and fw.

• Thanks R0J0hound that works in principle. My issue is once I connect up the rest of the rider it stops the front wheel turning for some reason. I'll have a search for some guides on Chipmunk as even if I fix the pedals so they do not spin my rider does a crazy 'dance' wobble at the moment. Seems to act quite different to how it did setup under C2 physics.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can anyone help with limits to set up a nice joint in these physics to complete a rider skeleton? If I fix the feet I cannot seem to find the right limits on min and max to get a natural feel.

I also have a problem trying to set up the cranks. If I set up a gear ratio for the cranks to the rear wheel the rider resists the turning and locks up the rear wheel

Subscribe to Construct videos now
    Subscribe to Construct videos now
  • It's hard to give improvements with just videos. Here's a possible model:

Joints at all the normal spots, and some range of motion limits. The springs are used to encourage extended legs and flexed arms. That encourages a more bent over posture which keeps the joints in the middle of their ranges of motion.

Here is a possible implementation:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/542 ... dness.capx

The feet angle could probably be done manually instead of being physics based.

It may not be usable other than maybe giving some ideas. I does need a lot more tweaking.

• Is anyone else having problems with the built-in save/load system, the physics seem to lag behind a fair bit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsuj4ni4vnjvfj6/chipmunk%20problems.capx?dl=0

Hi sir, is ur issue of save/load causing pause in objects is resolved with chipmunk physics ?

• R0J0hound

Thanks for the ideas. I found a nice video about a MTB game written in Box2D which explained something similar to what you had. I guess I was too ambitious to try it with skeleton only joints / limits. Is the link to the correct CAPX? It is for a ball physics example.

Cheers

• Mayfly

Opps, wrong file. I fixed the link.

• Hi guys, there was below issue reported by MiniHulk.

Is anyone else having problems with the built-in save/load system, the physics seem to lag behind a fair bit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gsuj4ni4vnjvf ... .capx?dl=0

is there any way to fix the pause/lag issue ?

• I didn't implement save/load at all for this plugin so that's where the issue comes from. I don't have any plans to support that feature.

• hi all, anyone can please share a new link for this behavior, because all the dropbox links are dead. Thanks in advance

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)