Babylon3D: Standard Edition

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
12 unique hits, slashes and spells in transparent PNG sequences
  • [quote:2n4fxvmk]But there are a lot of obj models on the internet that use multiple textures.

totally get that, but maybe people should just learn how to properly texture things for video game...no?

• I'm thinking about trying to recreate my isometric game project archer in real time 3D.

Check here for reference. So you get the idea of what I'm working on.

https://www.scirra.com/forum/archer-working-title-devlog_t150236

One thing i need to know is how well this plugin performs on mobile, and how it handles animations.

* Is animation blending possible?

* Is it possible to edit the map from a top down perspecitive in C2?

* How is collision boxes handled? how detailed can they be?

* How do I import models and animations is there any tutorial on that? I couldn't find any.

• polygame Most people get their obj models from the internet

tunepunk

* Yes

* In the next update

* For now, collisions are only of type Box,Cylinder,Sphere or Plane. Complex meshes collisions are not supported.

* Models with animations are of JS format, you basically export your animated model with the Babylon exporter as a js file, import it to C2, and assign the name of the file to your OBJ/JS object. Then you add a Skeleton behavior to your object if it is a rigged model, or add the Animations behavaior if it is a time-line animation. I'll post tutorials when I'm not busy.

• polygame Most people get their obj models from the internet

tunepunk

* Yes

* In the next update

* For now, collisions are only of type Box,Cylinder,Sphere or Plane. Complex meshes collisions are not supported.

* Models with animations are of JS format, you basically export your animated model with the Babylon exporter as a js file, import it to C2, and assign the name of the file to your OBJ/JS object. Then you add a Skeleton behavior to your object if it is a rigged model, or add the Animations behavaior if it is a time-line animation. I'll post tutorials when I'm not busy.

Thanks. for the answers. I tried Q3D before but the lack of tutorials and documentation made it really hard to get started with so I scrapped the idea then. How is mobile performance when building for Android and iOS? Have it been tried? My game is mostly targeting mobile/tablet market so this would be good to know before i get started. So I don't create a game that cant run on those devices. >_<

Do you have any hosted examples i can try in a Mobile browser?

• [quote:1uq20hcf]

* Is it possible to edit the map from a top down perspecitive in C2?

X3M > In the next update

X3M You said this was imposible due how Babylon.Js manage the axis or similar, now after send you the other day my .capx template for FPS with that fixed using events is added as feature for the next Babylon3D update? Mmmm, coincidence?

One of the new features is "FPS Friendly" what this means? a FPS plugin/behaviour? Which features? Any Screenshots?

• tunepunk I can't promise anything on mobile performance.

matriax I've found a way, but it's not 100% functional yet, I need to invert mouse controls somehow.

I meant with "FPS friendly" topdown view fps making like this :

• stefanos If the C3 editor layout is a WebGL canvas and Ashley will make it possible to render on it with the SDK then yes I will, otherwise there is no reason to make a 3D plugin for it if the layout editor is still limited like in C2.

The blog post today shows real time rendering on the editor, probably this is our answer (at least half of our answer)

Besides that I have some questions about your plugin.

How do you make a solid object ? ( mass =0 ? )

How do you handle fps movement with camera ? It sees that you handle the movement inside the plugin giving us zero control over speed, customization etc. for example if you press to move forward and sideways simultaneously it seems like the two speeds combine making you to move faster.

How can I implement an crouch and jump on the fps controls (collisions) ? Maybe I need to make my own fps system from scratch so I have a a physics object moving instead of the camera. any ideas ?

(I'm just messing around for the time being trying to see if it fits my needs, I'm no pro )

Thank you in advance

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • stefanos Yeah C3 might become the best gamemaker in the market.

Regarding the FPS problems, the next update will be composed of 3 products: FPS maker ,Platformer maker and External scene loader.

FPS maker will let you make FPS games easily without extra configuration.

Platformer is for making 3D platformer games.

External scene will let you load full scenes from Blender , 3DS max or Unity 5 and make games out of them, it also can be used as Cutscenes for your FPS or platformer games .

• X3M I don't know about the best gamemaker in the market. But sure it has the potential to be the best one for me and many others

About the FPS maker, I would love to be able to manually configure the preset though, if this is possible.

When are u planing to release the next update ?

• stefanos It will take some time, do you have a VR device ?

• stefanos It will take some time, do you have a VR device ?

No I don't have one :/

• Is it possible to use 2 cameras to make a split screen game with this plugin?

• Is it possible to use 2 cameras to make a split screen game with this plugin?

Yes, you create two cameras,and for each camera you do : Camera->Set viewport(x,y,width,height)

So for example if you want to split the screen in half so that Camera1 gets left half and Camera2 gets right half:

Camera1->Set viewport(0,0,0.5,1)
    Camera2->Set viewport(1,0,0.5,1)
    [/code:ap64iogy]

A width of 0.5 means that the viewport will take half of the scene width.
    An X position of 1 means that the viewport will be positioned at the right end of the scene width.
  • Hi, I have this question, does this plugin work on Android when exporting via cocoonio?

• Studio

Yes it does, runs at 60fps on high end devices.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 2 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 2 guests)