Babylon3D: Standard Edition

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
12 unique hits, slashes and spells in transparent PNG sequences
  • dhondon use version 0.2 of scene loader for now till I upload the update.

cjbruce I didn't get the question, can you elaborate ?

• cjbruce I didn't get the question, can you elaborate ?

X3M

Sorry. I did some poking around in the plugins and found most of what I was looking for.

I need a way to do explosions. Either particles or 2D sprites would work. Particles would be ideal. but I'm currently using 2D sprites for Robot Rumble, and we could keep doing that.

I couldn't find shadows anywhere. Does the engine support shadows?

It looks like I can bring in a Unity terrain map and use it with a physics mesh collider for driving robots. This means I could do levels with bumpy surfaces, rather than just flat planes. This could open up some cool level design possibilities.

Are decals possible?

Any other cool features on the way?

• Explosions are on the way with the next update, decals are already possible to do (Check the Youtube texturing tutorial)

Shadows are a behavior which should be assigned to a light.

The mistake that I've been making is that I've kept implementing a lot of features that I can't even remember, but I only tested them out in Chrome. And I didn't do any tutorials on those because I hadn't got any time and I still struggle to find a time to work on the tutorials in depth.

In the process I've learned a lot of things regarding cross-browser compatibility, and I've rewritten the whole plugin to make sure that every single function works on all browsers.

I'm not going to release it until I've completed my tutorials series and linked some capx templates with it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In the process I've learned a lot of things regarding cross-browser compatibility, and I've rewritten the whole plugin to make sure that every single function works on all browsers.

I'm not going to release it until I've completed my tutorials series and linked some capx templates with it.

Sounds good. You've made a lot of great progress so far. I'm definitely interested in making sure things run across all of the major browsers. The new version of the game needs to go on AirConsole, so cross-browser compatibility is a big deal. To that end, I now have a pretty complete set of devices (Mac + Windows + Nexus + iPhone + iPad) to test things on, so let me know if you need me to try anything.

Is there any chance that the new version is coming out during the month of April?

• cjbruce Somewhere near the end of April

• wanna say I'm very excited on how Babylon 3d is turning out. Once version 1.0 comes out with the 3d editor, I do plan to make a full 3d game with it. Can't wait!!!!

• Hello,

I bought the plugin 3 days ago and I am very happy with it.

I have not reached the limitation but I come after some questions. These are the questions that I had now:

1) Does the path finding plugin will works ? (In future) I made some test and it seem that he is not compatible.

2) What about animation sprite ? I have created new mesh, but I can't change the animated frame I get error, therefor I spawn a 3D sprite in top of the mesh in order to display the animation. I get the collision working because of the mesh, the animation is almost ok, only the angle of the sprite doesn't display correctly. My question is it's the right method if I need to have a animated sprite, like a walking player but my building etc, are in 3D (GTA style...) ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

• I'll try to make a 3D path finding behavior in the next update, and about sprite animations, I've tried to mimic the C2 animation frames behavior but I failed because the Babylon engine uses a different approach, it loads an entire spritesheet in divides it into cells, so in order to make it work, I'll need to hack my way into the library itself and adjust the code, so It will take me a while before getting everything to work right.

What you all need to know for now is that the next update will please you a lot. There are some new features that will make designing levels in C2 a lot easier.

• hi there,

I have just bought the plugin, and flow the first video but the result I think wrong,

the object just white color for all, not the color I pick in Edit Image window,

I download version0.6

and here the capx file:

drive.google.com/open

thanks

• vuanhvan Can you please send me the capx via gmail:

Because the google drive link doesn't work

• X3M, wantd to know if it supports curves like as in - https://doc.babylonjs.com/tutorials/how_to_use_curve3

• kmsravindra The current version doesn't have that feature

• X3M, Thanks for your quick response! Any plans to add this in near future...

• Where can i buy this plugin? It's not in the Scirra Store.

• chuchelo There is an issue with the store, I posted a bug report about it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)