Babylon3D: Standard Edition

1 favourites
From the Asset Store
12 unique hits, slashes and spells in transparent PNG sequences
  • X3M About the updates: "Better OBJ and JS models loading." means will have the option to set the textures in the C2 object like the NewMesh plugin? Or what you mean?

• matriax That is not possible since OBJ models come with their MTL files, and JS files have their texture images.

I meant that I optimized the loading to make them spawn faster.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks mate.

The next update is nearly finished, It is a more robust version of B3D which will make things a lot easier than it is already.

Here are some of the features :

- Better representation of the elements on the C2 layout. (Camera projection).

- Better integration with C2.

- Persisting scene mode which allows to save the state of the scene when moving from layout to another without losing the states of the elements of the previous scene.

- WebGL 2.0

- FPS friendly mode

- And some new behaviors.

- Easier BabylonJS javascript execution functions.

- Better OBJ and JS models loading.

- Bug free. ( Finally )

all the above are awesome features i bet theyil be a great addition ... i wonder of the webgl2.0 support i think it might be to early since its a beta testing over multiple platforms... could it do what C2 does? when is available on a system to be used and if not to fallback on webgl1.0?

• That's exactly what it is.

• X3M Q3D loads the OBJS-JS on import files(Or at least the JS ones like the quake example) and you set the textures in the C2 objects using DIffuse, Bump,etc... in the animations names and also uses the object frames as texture animations.

So even with OBJ-JS they work like the NewMesh object with the addition of frame animation.

Maybe i'm wrong, now i can't check it, maybe can you take a look? The example in Q3D of FPS with the heads and the one with the orcs in a room. They are OBJ-JS but the textures are in the C2 objects.

• Maybe i'm wrong, now i can't check it, maybe can you take a look? The example in Q3D of FPS with the heads and the one with the orcs in a room. They are OBJ-JS but the textures are in the C2 objects.

Both the ogre example and heads example FPS are having the textures as X3M has it in the animation diffuse,specular and bump , the js files in Q3D are only models.

and some specular map adjustments.

so yes the obj/js are models... and textures are the C2 object animation... but babylon is having the same system or im missing something?

X3M - related to webgl response - Awesome

• In Babylon3D for NewMesh objects the textures are in the C2 objects in the animations as Diffuse, Bump,etc... but for OBJ and JS on babylon you need to import that textures, you can't add in the C2 object.

Also in Q3D the frames in the C2 objects works as animations, at least in the Heads example i cloned the first one time ago, paint something and on runtime saw the texture how changed between the two frames.

• In Babylon3D for NewMesh objects the textures are in the C2 objects in the animations as Diffuse, Bump,etc... but for OBJ and JS on babylon you need to import that textures, you can't add in the C2 object.

oh i dont know i remember i added 1 time newmesh or newsmth 3d model or smth... 1 month back or when i was testing it and added a diffuse animation and 1 frame blue and worked... it should work for textures also... since they are frames... however i did not tested with multiple frames...

edited: ah... never used a obj/js model... since i worked with cubes... and newmesh already has it implemented no need for external model for that ... ... i see now what you really mean...

• matriax It is not possible to set textures of Obj model inside the texture editor because we cannot tell the names of the textures and the extensions used in the obj models available online.

In another note, I'm studying the possiblity to load the obj as data instead of importing files, as you suggested last month.

Since loading OBJ models can cause a problem in certain websites that do not allow such extensions, (MIME types).

And also, the idea itself is interesting, Imagine a website full of models in which we only have to copy/paste text in order to have them in our games. That would be awesome.

I'm not experienced enough in these kind of stuff, but I'll try my best to implement it.

I did it with the individual meshes effects, who know, maybe I can pull it of with the Objs.

• X3M Mmm maybe the models in Q3D were JS and not OBJ ?

I don't know , as i said i'm talking by memory i can't check it now, but sure in Q3D you import the 3D model to C2 and you set the textures in the C2 object.

So i guess is a Babylon.js or .OBJ extension limitation. What a shame .

In case is a .OBJ limitation and not Babylon, ithe idea will be try with a .js model, that seems is an unique file instead the .OBJ/.MTL that maybe the problem for the names ¿? . I don't know just saying.

• matriax Some OBJ models have more than 1 texture image, and they do not follow a standard format, what would be the solution to this?

• X3M

About multiple textures the unique solutions i can think now are:

(1) : Use the animation frames 0,1,2,3,4....

(2) : Use the animations as diffuse2, diffuse3...

Posted in the Q3D thread about this to know exactly if can be done and the other question about multiple textures:

Also in the updates of the first post says some interesting things about how .OBJ and .JS are loaded, search by ".js" and ".obj" there are various points that explains how they works a bit, i not understand much but maybe can give you an idea in case is possible.

• matriax Still, there are some OBJ models who are composed of several meshes , example :

head (mesh1) body (mesh2) sword (mesh3)

And each mesh has its own textures, how I'm I supposed to know that texture1.png corresponds to head etc ... ?

• I have always used a single texture map even when an object is composed of multiple objects.

like so : http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Rsud7mp4EX0/T ... 24test.jpg

(not mine just an example)

BTW will we be notify with a link for the update or will we have to buy the plugin again?

• polygame But there are a lot of obj models on the internet that use multiple textures.

Yes the download link will always be in your store account. ( You won't pay anything )

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)