Tutorial: Platform School

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Dynamic, heavy and powerful rock themes. 11 music tracks.
  • this series of tutorials has helped me quite a lot. When's the next part due?

• I'm holding off until the next Construct release because I'm going to have to change a bunch of stuff anyway. No sense in spending time working on the next installment only to have to rewrite it shortly afterward.

Sorry about the wait

• implement ruining swimbas fun. I hate when you want to do something in a game but it is'nt programmed in.

• Needed to throw some more thanks on this pile of win, the tutorials demand it.

Thanks a lot Deadeye, very nice work!

• Hi I am new here. I looked at all of your tutorials they help me a lot in understanding construct.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've got a bit of a question for you Deadeye.

How come when you're making the ground you use lots of single cubes all lined up next to one another, instead of just stretching one out across the entire length?

• Uh... I don't?

I mean, as time went on and I kept changing he level I might have gotten lazy and placed a few unnecessary tiles, but for the most part I did stretch long, repeating sections with the Tiled Background object.

• Uh... I don't?

I mean, as time went on and I kept changing he level I might have gotten lazy and placed a few unnecessary tiles, but for the most part I did stretch long, repeating sections with the Tiled Background object.

Ohh yeah, I see now you put a darker shade of green around the outside of the boxes, that's what threw me, doy.

• I see a problem in your last tutorial. when you press the left arrow key and the speed up key

("X key") to make the player go faster the player can't jump. But It works fine when press the right arrow key and the speed up key ("X key").

• Uh... are you sure? I haven't noticed any such problem. I can't check right now, but I will when I get home.

• I see a problem in your last tutorial. when you press the left arrow key and the speed up key

("X key") to make the player go faster the player can't jump. But It works fine when press the right arrow key and the speed up key ("X key").

I can do this no problem, it will probably be your keyboard (not something you can fix)

Try holding left & X, then pressing Z in notepad, see if Z comes up.

I can't remember what it's called [Edit*: Yes I can it's called ghosting] but there's something that some keyboards have that makes them not able to press some keys if other keys are down

• Yeah, I'm guessing it's a keyboard issue, because it works fine for me.

Try changing the Jump control to something else that's not adjacent to the X key, like Space or Ctrl, and see if that helps.

• Hello, I would like to say thanks to deadeye for the tutorial.

Although, I do have some questions because I'm stuck and couldn't find the solution. Or should I post a new thread in the help/tech forum?

Thanks

• If you have questions about Platform School specifically (like if you want me to clarify something) go ahead and post here.

If you need general help that's not directly related to PS, then post in Help/Tech.

• Hey Deadeye, I am using your tutorials a lot they're so helpful. My question is, why does rotating the sprite 180 degrees not result in the sprite being upside down? Is that just the platform behavior kicking in?

I'd like to use 8 direction movement (sans rotations) btw.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)