Here's a thread for you to upload your executable or video examples for possible inclusion in the "Official" construct Showreel.
I've put the thread in here, so you can use the attachment feature for the smaller files, which might help those who can't use the other file sharing sites for one reason or another.
If you need ideas, you can view the original montage video here
Closing Date: You have until the 4th July 2010 to submit your demo or video. It might seem like a long way off right now, but believe me, the time will go fast.
You can make as many submissions as you like, but please keep them in a single post, and please don't use this thread for commenting or questions. It should be submissions only. Also use file sharing services or locations which ensure your file will still be there on the 4th of July. Or obviously it wont be able to be included in the voting stage.
Discussion related to the Showreel, questions, suggestions, comments etc. and so on, should be done in this thread
Due to everyone uses different versions of construct, and compatibility issues which arise from that. Only compiled executables or videos are allowed. Video's are of course preferred over executables and naturally will ensure your submission looks exactly how you expect it to. Cap's will not be accepted due to the likelyhood of them not working correctly for others.
Do not submit executables of games or demo's which effect the users machine in any way, for example: those ridiculous games that delete files. Doing so will void all your submissions. It's not big, it's not clever, and it's been done so many times, it's not original or creative either. Megaman clones are more creative than those!
Only submissions included in this thread will be accepted. Your first post with it's submission(s) will be the one included, so place all your submissions within a single post. Further posts by the same user will be ignored, including anything submitted in them, (keeps the thread clean, and fair for everyone to be noticed equally).
- Include instructions on how to run your demo.
- Keep it short and to the point, stripping everything but the best bit you want to show off.
- Don't include the audio, it'll increase the size and wont be used in the showreel anyway.
- Do not submit harmful files.
- If your demo requires any special setup, consider submitting a video instead. The more complex it is to get your demo to run, the less likely it'll be usable.
- Use any format, but note that it's up to you to ensure the format you use is usable by others.
- Record at 25fps at 720p HD resolution.
- Don't include intro's or audio on your video, it'll be stripped for the showreel.
- Keep it short and to the point.
Good luck, have fun!