MegaMan-Stlye Color Swap

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 capx code source to post on Google Play
  • http://www.mediafire.com/?f14sc4ugg4lai9s

Play with the 'Weapon' value to load a color.

Using the Color Replace FX and ImageManipulator, I've made a color swap using a palette file. (Image)

The number of lines of events for the palette is the number of colors the sprite has x3. Example: MegaMan has 7 colors (including his outline color). Each color has RGB. You'd have to change each R, G, and B in each color. Thus 7x3=21, or 21 lines of events.

It reads the RGB from the image file loaded from ImageMul. It's R, G, B at the image X,Y coords.

The palette file is a image that is 7 x 3. The Color Value (which color to load) is Y and X is each color on that line. Think of it as a sort of array.

"CLR1" is the black darkest blue of MegaMan's outer armor. "Color" is the name of the ImageManipulator.

So:

GetR(X,Y) =Color.GetR(1,Pla_MMX('Weapon'))

GetR(X,Y) =Color.GetR(1,Pla_MMX('Weapon'))

GetR(X,Y) =Color.GetB(1,Pla_MMX('Weapon'))

• So, anyone find it helpful?

• Nothing is happening for me. He's just black. But that's okay.

• You need the Color Replacer.

• Wasn't that the file in the archive? If it was, then i have it. And if i hand't i wouldn't be able to open the .cap.

• Quite some time ago, I was working on an effect for color palettes, called C-DEX. It works quite similar to what you present, but without the need for any events. However, there was no feedback or overall interest in it, so I cancelled the development.

This is the working method of the effect:

(could easily be adapted to use other conversion methods, like alpha, one channel, etc.)

And here are two super simple examples, showing what C-DEX is capable of:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qtaoorzu9psjrba/C-DEX%20Demo.rar

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Quite some time ago, I was working on an effect for color palettes, called C-DEX. It works quite similar to what you present, but without the need for any events. However, there was no feedback or overall interest in it, so I cancelled the development.

Say WHAT? I've been looking forward to it for months ;.;

• Work on it!

• WOoh, that looks awsome tulamide. Here's some feedback and overall interest to get you working on it: WOoh, that looks awsome tulamide!

• I would love to, but I'm stucked. What I need most is feedback about what exactly you expect such a palette effect to do.

For example, having it swap certain exactly defined colors (as in Azu's example) is almost impossible because of limitations of HLSL and Construct's implementation of it (the maximum of exact colors that could be defined is three)

That's why the effect currently converts colors to indices with the greyscale model. I could think of a couple of other ways to do the conversion, but I simply don't know what would be the most useful one.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)