Families and object pairing

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • We have small problem with families and object pairing heres the file

• Basically, what (we thought) was supposed to happen when the cap runs is that it will create a green mech with a shoulder mounted yellow rocket launcher and arm mounted red rocket launcher....it didnt

• I've not toyed with the object pairer so I'm not clear how it works compared to containers, but what I'm noticing is that in the Weapons sheet, EVENT 1, you're destroying the Weapon but not creating it. Toggle the Destroy action and it'll set the weapon correctly.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah, thats because it creates them later on if you expand the subevent. Hoped that was the problem but running it without the destroy action still didn't seem to place the weapons in the right spot

• Ah soz I didn't even notice that! Damn I need a new monitor!

• lol no problem, thanks for trying to help us out though

• a less complex example of your problem would have been helpful - i had a lot of confusing moments trying to comprehend that cap... i see two things:

for correct pairing, you not only need the 'For each paired' condition, but you also need to follow it up with a 'Pick paired' to get the correct instances.

you are referencing image points by numbers, which (afaik) selects them in the order of their creation. i guess you want to select them by name, because you named them with numbers.

if i fix those, it sometimes works (a mech with 2 weapons appears). i've got no idea why this is random, but i strongly suspect your questionable practice of spawning families. to sum it up: i have no idea what's going on :P

• a less complex example of your problem would have been helpful - i had a lot of confusing moments trying to comprehend that cap

Ah sorry bout that

And yeah, I probably was doing it wrong so I moved on to a simpler solution now instead. Thanks for making it a bit less broken though, if I use families again in the future it will help me alot

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)