Awesome Bot Adventures: The Tech Demo

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Best for runner games, sidescroller, arcade and more!
  • Dropbox, because it's awesome and not shit.

Mostly an attempt to replicate bloom without the add bloom button... (that doesn't exist >_<)

I'm mean... so you'll need Pixel Shader 2 for this, and if you intend to edit the source code, you'll need the Vignette, Contrast Plus, and Blur Motion Effects... and Motion Blur support is also required.

Screenshot:

Don't forget to take your umbrella when you go to town Awesome-O, Its raining acid again...

Credits go to Popa Razvan (popraz) for the awesome music, and me for the awesome sound effects... and OFCOURSE THE DEVS, WHO CAN FORGET THE DEVS?

Note: I probably won't make an Actual Awesome Bot Adventures.-edit-wait I now I'm thinking about it.

Edit: Demos don't work on all PC computers, yet.

• Nice mood you create with those effects! Simplistic, yet effective. Reminds me a little of stuff lokijki would create, which isn't a bad thing by any means. Although it probably doesn't run too fast on lower end machines.

Note: I probably won't make an Actual Awesome Bot Adventures.-edit-wait I now I'm thinking about it.

Yes pls. DO IT!

• Hurrah finally someone is using my shaders! Looks great!

• Hurrah finally someone is using my shaders! Looks great!

It's no problem, thanks for making the Shaders.

Yeah... I'm currently tooling ideas around in my head... Anticipate a game like this (but better, ofcourse.)

• The system reqs are way too high for a game like this. Also, you should never use motion blur, it destroys framerate. If anything disable it by default, or people won't be able to play it. The style is pretty good so far however, but make sure motion blur is easily turned off. A platformer shouldn't lag on an 8 series gpu.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • New Demo out!

Awesome Bot Adventures: The Official Second First Demo.

Run in the same folder as the tech demo. If you don't have it... GET IT, I'm too lazy to split the files ;_;

• I don't see anything in the second demo other then the back ground.

• I think using the pixel shaders is absolutely fine, it's just that motion blur is really inefficient in Construct right now. If you're using canvas objects and motion blur, it basically renders the whole thing so many times over with all the effects that it'll slow down even very high performance rigs.

I've got Sein running on lower end machines without motion blur and it works fine - with 2 canvas objects. With motion blur even my high end rig slows down tremendously.

Also, Motion Blur is buggy anyway at the moment - if you include a layout change into your game, the runtime will crash if moBlur is on.

• I think using the pixel shaders is absolutely fine, it's just that motion blur is really inefficient in Construct right now. If you're using canvas objects and motion blur, it basically renders the whole thing so many times over with all the effects that it'll slow down even very high performance rigs.

I've got Sein running on lower end machines without motion blur and it works fine - with 2 canvas objects. With motion blur even my high end rig slows down tremendously.

Also, Motion Blur is buggy anyway at the moment - if you include a layout change into your game, the runtime will crash if moBlur is on.

Glad to see that you realized motion blur is a piece of buggy system rape.

• yay! someone used my effect! =D

Awesome atmosphere. Btw if you walk just at the edge of a platform, sound goes nutz.

• yay! someone used my effect! =D

What effect would that be?

By the way, the next demo should be out early december... the previous demos have merely just been effects demonstrations.

Demo 3 should boast:

• Jets (Fly indefinitely, or approximately 59 minutes.)
    • Major Compatibility upgrades (can't run it because of the effect intensiveness? you should be able to run the new version)
    • An improved movement system, completely custom.
    • More levels.
    • Interactive Menus. (Options menu ftw?)
    • Other Misc items that I won't list for surprise value or because of insignificance.

The future will hold:

• Save/Load system
    • Enemies. (Although they'll be uncommon.)
    • Etc. (Wait for it to be announced)

Expect it...(i'll just give you an estimated date for you to wait for) December 10th.

• Blur motion?

Or were you using Construct's inter-frame motion blur? that's really slow.

And it has a bug when used along custom movement.

Which I should report.

• I think this looks awesome!

• Pretty!

Could you explain globally how the bloom- and "glow" (of light)-effect is achieved?

• Are there more controls than just the arrow keys? Everything is so dark and the motion blur just makes it more difficult to tell what is going on...

I like the art, though. The music is appropriately moody as well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)