WIP: Move

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Move Block
$10 USD
Captivating puzzle game. With challenging gameplay, this game will keep you very engaged.
  • http://chrisalgoo.com/Move_Beta.exe

The core gameplay is present, but the awesome polish will come later. Basically, everytime the player does something, a random electronica sound will play. The player will be effectively creating a soundtrack while playing the game, and it's gonna be really cool. Problem is, I develop on a Vista laptop, so I can't hear anything.

Game's still fun, just awfully quiet. I suggest you listen to this music while you play

Thoughts? Comments?

Also, thanks to Ashley and co for making this easy-to-use-and-powerful work of majesty. This is definitely my gamedev platform of choice.

• pretty cool, but i wish that the color didn't reset after going through a line... if there's 3 yellow lines, i just want to press s once.

• That's actually a point of the gameplay - it's creating a rhythmic experience. At least, I hope it is

Does it feel cool, drumming your fingers on the keyboard? That's what I'm going for.

• That's actually a point of the gameplay - it's creating a rhythmic experience. At least, I hope it is

Does it feel cool, drumming your fingers on the keyboard? That's what I'm going for.

ah, yeah i wasn't considering the whole rythm thing. but right now it doesn't demand precise (or necessarily rythmic) key presses because you only need to press it before the line. have you considered requiring to press the button while the square is overlapping a line?

edit: regardless, i think you should wait until you get sound working before fine tuning the gameplay -- have you tried the xaudio2 beta? it should work with vista

• Looks really fun.

Like Flywrench with a rythmic twist.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Interesting concept. The first five levels were cake, but when I got to six I the difficulty jumped up about a thousand percent

I'm assuming you plan on ramping up the "tempo" as the game progresses?

• Yeah, I plan on having 10-20 levels in the completed version. Level design is hard! The last two levels will definitely be towards the end, they're pretty up there on the difficulty curve.

• Wow. I have to say that I love your idea. I like rythm games, so this will be very interesting project!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)