New Game and Blog: Scapegoat Software

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Didn't get my spiffy logo up yet, but I've started a blog and named a company just so I could be all formal / fancy 'n stuff. Here it is: Scapegoat Software

Also started working on a new game, currently without a name. A screenshot of what I have so far is on the blog, its not much.

As for the gameplay, I'm trying to do something slightly different than what most platformers do, at least I hope. Its a single screen platformer that involves doing different task for people throughout the game world. You'll have different task to get you different places, and the gameplay for different task will have a few different styles. Going in different directions will cause the game to change to your play style.

For instance, if you only complete task the involve more platforming skill, platforming puzzles will get increasingly difficult as you go. Other task include ones that require solving riddles to find a certain object to bring to a person and such. I've never really done puzzles, but hopefully it'll turn out ok.

I also plan to continue work on my other project, Eat World. I have some progress on that since my last update, including a large and quite hilarious looking enemy. Trying to learn how to code some simple boss fights.

Well, that's all for now. I hope to get something playable (and fun) out to everyone soon.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sounds like a unique game. Most puzzlers tend to be pretty linear in their level progression so your game should have some replay value.

Good luck!

• Linked my blog to GameJolt. That site is pretty spiffy.

http://gamejolt.com/profile/lokijki/blog/95/

(If anyone has a GameJolt account already, I'd greatly appreciate some more ratings on my games, I have a total of 4 or 5 votes I think on both and someone went through and gave both 1's (not saying go and give them 5's, say whatcha think.))

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)