FireBall

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hi everyone!

I am complete new to Construct and I have to say that this is an awsome tool!! I am totally in love already. I am using this now for a couple of days and created a small level with some nice sidescrolling. just to get used to construct. This won't be a finished game but it is something like a playground for me

One question I have at the beginning. I am sure this is somehow possible. Is an object able to read and wirte global variables? If yes, how?

Note: I am totally not a programmer. But this Program is really awsome and easy to use!!! Love it!

So here is a small Video I made.

Greetings from germany.

Andreas

• Hi everyone!

One question I have at the beginning. I am sure this is somehow possible. Is an object able to read and wirte global variables? If yes, how?

The System command takes care of the global variables... though you can make the appearance that an object has control of them (because global variables are, I believe, meant to have all-around access instead of being limited to one object).

You can also assign invidual variables to objects if you really want to.

But if you're talking about reading/writing to an external file... I haven't tried that.

• Ok. Thanks for you answer.

One example. I have a global Variable. For example Time. How can I show this Variable with a textobject. I don't know how to say the system write this text into your textobject. Or tell textobject take the Value from the GLOBAL Variable.

• You don't have to shift a global variable over to an object variable... I believe. Because objects already have access to them.

Try this small piece of code either way: global('name')

But replace the word name with the name of your global variable.

This returns the global variable value.

Of course, I could have misunderstood.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thetrue

perfect! That was exactly what I was looking for!!!!!! Thank you very much!!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)