Driver: The Wheelman is Back

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Helping streamers give their viewers more excitement.
  • I was recently playing the game of my childhood, Driver, on my PS3 the other day. This was around 5 to 6 days after I had found Construct and had been messing around with it. While reminiscing about playing the game, I came up with the brilliant idea of possibly creating the "Take a Ride" mode in the game in Construct. My aim is to include police/damage/civilian cars. As a new user, this will not only be a difficult challenge but a way to get to learn the ins and outs of Construct.

I have a car sprite and I've created road sprites on my own. My only problem is the buildings. I don't know if anyone has top-down building sprites left over from something they've done, but I can't seem to make one of those.

If anyone has any tips/constructive criticism/2D building sprites, feel free to leave them here. I hope to start this/post screenshots within the week.

• I'm having trouble coding the car. I set the Behavior to car, but it makes the arrow keys control all opposites. For example, I'd hit the Up Arrow and it'd go backwards and vice versa for the other keys.

I'd rather not set it to 8 Direction because that limits my abilities to work with the car. Is there a way to fix this?

• Upload your CAP file so we can see what you're doing. It's hard to fix something if you can't see it.

• Why is this in Your Creations? You haven't created it yet.

• [quote:lzll6v8l]I'm having trouble coding the car. I set the Behavior to car, but it makes the arrow keys control all opposites. For example, I'd hit the Up Arrow and it'd go backwards and vice versa for the other keys.

this will be happening because the orientation of your car is wrong. It should be facing right(-->)

to fix it, double click on your sprite car, the picture editor will open, rotate your car so it's facing right(-->)

• [quote:1caj7u43]I'm having trouble coding the car. I set the Behavior to car, but it makes the arrow keys control all opposites. For example, I'd hit the Up Arrow and it'd go backwards and vice versa for the other keys.

this will be happening because the orientation of your car is wrong. It should be facing right(-->)

to fix it, double click on your sprite car, the picture editor will open, rotate your car so it's facing right(-->)

Are you a wizard? That fixed it!

Also, I don't see any other fitting forum to place this in.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This forum placement is fine, though it is recommended to title it with WIP (Work in progress) in the title... but details are minor. Most people put it in the Open Topic section though.

As for buildings, I recommend using the 3d object and downloading some textures from a texture site. Some good ones can be found in the tools thread which is in Open Topic.

If you don't want 3d buildings (like the old GTA games) then I guess you can do up some placeholders for now and work on making them nice later.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)