Cyber 'nam

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
A complete set of graphical user interface (GUI) to build 2D video games. With cyberpunk, sci-fi, or futuristic theme
  • Hello guys! Let me present you my latest project. It's called Cyber 'nam and it's going to be a Shooting - Action - Adventure Game

DOWNLOAD :

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vm4yxuryzzz/LEVEL1.rar

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Couldn't play for long, arrow keys and mouse aim are extremely uncomfortable controls. You might also want to consider a life bar instead of one hit kills. Also, the player moves very sluggishly and can't even jump directly onto the first platform as far as I can tell.

• Just a heads up, but if SNES style art is what you're going for then those graphics are much too hi-res.

Will give the gameplay a shot later...

• Couldn't play for long, arrow keys and mouse aim are extremely uncomfortable controls.

Uh... what?

I'm guessing you don't play many PC games... keyboard+mouse is often the best for any kind of game with "aimed shooting", though W,A,S,D is usually easier than arrow keys IMO.

*EDIT*

OK some crit;

The enemies can kill you in 1 hit, yet you have to blast them 5 or 10 times to kill them. Enemies appear far to often considering the amount of shots they take to die.

When you jump, you "float" way too much. The gravity needs to be increased for the fall rate.

Clearing the first set of spikes without getting blown out of the sky by the flying ships is pretty much impossible. I tried about 20 times and didn't get past them even once.

Graphics are really nice, and the game reminds me of Master Blaster (which is one of my favourite oldschool games). I also dig the mouse and keyboard control, even though trying to play it on a laptop with no mouse attached is kinda super difficult since i have to cross my hands over to reach the arrow keys (there is no chance in hell of using the mouse trackpad thing with my left hand).

I would recommend having W,A,S,D as alternate controls to the arrow keys so people can use what they prefer.

Overall a great start, but yeah... add a health bar, make the enemies die a tad easier or decrease the spawn rate of them (especially for level 1), and make the vehicle fall faster after jumping.

~Sol

• > Couldn't play for long, arrow keys and mouse aim are extremely uncomfortable controls.

>

Uh... what?

I'm guessing you don't play many PC games... keyboard+mouse is often the best for any kind of game with "aimed shooting", though W,A,S,D is usually easier than arrow keys IMO.

~Sol

I can't stand play a game that uses the mouse and the arrow keys, always W,A,S,D for me. And I play lots of PC games.

• [quote:1dtizit5]

OK some crit;

The enemies can kill you in 1 hit, yet you have to blast them 5 or 10 times to kill them. Enemies appear far to often considering the amount of shots they take to die.

When you jump, you "float" way too much. The gravity needs to be increased for the fall rate.

Clearing the first set of spikes without getting blown out of the sky by the flying ships is pretty much impossible. I tried about 20 times and didn't get past them even once.

Graphics are really nice, and the game reminds me of Master Blaster (which is one of my favourite oldschool games). I also dig the mouse and keyboard control, even though trying to play it on a laptop with no mouse attached is kinda super difficult since i have to cross my hands over to reach the arrow keys (there is no chance in hell of using the mouse trackpad thing with my left hand).

I would recommend having W,A,S,D as alternate controls to the arrow keys so people can use what they prefer.

Overall a great start, but yeah... add a health bar, make the enemies die a tad easier or decrease the spawn rate of them (especially for level 1), and make the vehicle fall faster after jumping.

~Sol

Thanks everybody for the comments. As far as difficulty is concerned, I like difficult games so I don't wanna make a stupid - easy game. I 've added a mini map so that the player can see if an enemy approaches before he makes his next move. Remember it's not only a shooter game but also has elements of strategy and adventure. You must first destroy some of the floating ships and then try to clear the spikes. I also increased the gravity. You are right, floating was a little bit annoying. Tonight I' ll add an option to use W,A,S,D for movement as many people prefer this setup.

• UPDATE 11/03/2009

Minimap added, Gravity increased, changed controls to A,S,W,D.

Gameplay tip: Use the horizontal platforms to protect from the air attacks. First destroy enough airships and then advance. Keep your eye on the map.

DOWNLOAD:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ytkzzyoth ... 100309.rar

• News of the project :

-1st World (3 Levels + Boss) Completed

• Made it a little bit easier on first levels, added 5 lifes. Everytime the player loses continues the same moment from the same position
    • Added Score, every 20.000 points extra life
    • Added Main Menu with Passwords for every level

You can download the first world here : http://www.mediafire.com/?zytzyomwgjm

And view the trailer on youtube here :

Subscribe to Construct videos now

BTW, why I can't edit my first post and update the download link ?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)