Chronicles of the middle age (not started)

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
0 favourites
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I will introduce to you the game I'm beggining, Chronicles of the middle age(I can change the name eventualy). This game will be an RTS game very similar to Age of empires and maybe a bit like tzar. But for this game to happen I won't be able to make it alone, so I'd like to gather here a development team.

So, this will be a game in isometric view, the objects (buildings, trees, characters, etc...) will be 3d renderized models (don't worry about this part, I handle it, although I apretiate help xD), the gameplay will be very similar, but anyone can give suggestions about that, so we can make it even better. Age of empires follow real history but in this game we will make a new "history", and we will make storyline so the player can play a campaign mode, and can also play free mode. Objects will be unlocked as long as you play and finnish objectives in the campaign mode. We maybe won't have real countries, we won't follow real history( this can be discuted in this topic), we will create the "history" of a new world. Anyway, all of this can be discuted and changed.

Why I need more people helping me in this game is because I'd like someone (can be more than one, we can organize) more experient in construct to make the game itself (I want to participate tough xD), I'd like a guy to handle the audio part of the game (I can help), 3d modelers and animators (to help me or to join me ^^, its very probable that there is someone arround here better than me in in this area xD), a spriter to make characters, some have to be sprites(I'm a spriter to), someone experienced in mapping (to help in the maps, and make world maps), story writers, someone with knowledge in photoshop would be pretty hanful (we could raise the quality of our graphics by adding more minor things in the texture of the objects etc). I will stop here xD

I apretiate any feedback.

Remember that you don't need to be fully dedicated to this game, I'm not hurry ^^, anyone can join the team .

thanks!

• Wait, wait... So, you want us to make a game for you?

• no -.-'

I want to gather a development team, instead of making games alone we can gather up a team to make the game, so that we do it quickly and more professional.

why don't you join?

• I've got tons of ideas that I would like to have a team for. But I realize that I have to put effort into it myself if I want it to get somewhere...

So, what are YOU offering? Have you done anything so far?

• I suggest you should read this excellent resource on game development and production:

http://www.sloperama.com/advice.html

Read it. Seriously.

• I've got tons of ideas that I would like to have a team for. But I realize that I have to put effort into it myself if I want it to get somewhere...

So, what are YOU offering? Have you done anything so far?

I'm kinda like you xD I have tons of ideas all the time and 100 projects at the moment, but I just can't stop and I don't know how but I can find time for all that and more lol.

Everything I think, I do it of my own, but not with this idea, I thinkits a nice idea and is something that only can evolve a gain life if I have a development team, mix ideas and stuff.

I read a bit of the lesson 1 xD, but it was too large and I couldn't read it all. (although I'm not thinking about getting rich and famous with this game xD)

By the way I can't offer you anything by joining, but you actualy gain many things by doing that, one of that things is experience and joy by completing a game (believe me, its easier to complete a game when we have a team )

About the game I haven't done much, made some graphics but none of the game (I'd like someone more experient in construct to make it with me) I may post some images tomorow how the game could look.

So want to join? The invite sill up

I'd really apretiate.

If you have some question about anything just ask

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I hate to break it to you 2D, but nobody will help you with this unless you show them a game that's at least partially complete. That's just how it works.

Sure, you might find some people willing to try... but it's very rare. And those people will have just as much of a clue as you do about finishing the game, and in less than a month they'll all ditch on you because it's too hard. It happens every time... yes, every time.

Anyone who is serious enough and good enough to actually help you finish the game will need to see proof that you've put some hard work into it. But even then if you're not offering money the chances can be pretty slim.

Here's your best and most likely option: Plan to spend the next two years making just that one game by yourself. Work on nothing else. Concentrate on that project 100%. If you're serious about the game, and the game is worth the time, then this shouldn't be a problem.

• get a fully working engine with working enemy Ai, then I'd be willing to help with animations and objects.

loved AoE2

• I hate to break it to you 2D, but nobody will help you with this unless you show them a game that's at least partially complete. That's just how it works.

Sure, you might find some people willing to try... but it's very rare. And those people will have just as much of a clue as you do about finishing the game, and in less than a month they'll all ditch on you because it's too hard. It happens every time... yes, every time.

Anyone who is serious enough and good enough to actually help you finish the game will need to see proof that you've put some hard work into it. But even then if you're not offering money the chances can be pretty slim.

Here's your best and most likely option: Plan to spend the next two years making just that one game by yourself. Work on nothing else. Concentrate on that project 100%. If you're serious about the game, and the game is worth the time, then this shouldn't be a problem.

I know everything about making a game, or at least what I must know, but thanks for the advices.

I wasn't expecting start the game of my own, but since you seriously recomend it, then I'll give it a shot xD. I will not fully dedicate to this game since I have other important things to do, and I've already finished many games without being fully dedicated (we must be in good mood to make a good game), but I will surely dedicate some of my time and my hard work. Make a game take time and take less time with a team, I don't do this game for money, although if after finished, I see that the game has potencial I can eventualy try to sell it, but that's not my real point, my real point is to do a great game that's fun to play and that will make me proud to finish. There is a lot of freeware games, that are really nice but they are freeware for one reason, to divulgate the name of the team(you should know this, 'cause construct is hard work, but its free (which I bless!)).

I might show you some concret thing next week.

Thanks Bartosh I will try hard

Thanks for the replies, if someone else is willing to join, please say

By the way, I can't dedicate 100% to a game in to years, because if the game get shity I would comit suicide xD.

Although I can dedicate 100% for one day and other...

• Um...sorry to be harsh but...on first reading it sounds like your not only asking people to make a game for you...but asking them to think up a game for you too.

Perhaps if you had posted an original idea, with some sketches and an explaination of the gameplayer...then people might be intreged enough to have a go and do something up.

For example if you posted:

'Hey I've got this idea for a game, you fire chainsaws out of a rocket launcher which attack glowing green skeletons, and you have to rescue all the stawberries so they can form an army to attack the broccolli!' then you'd get a bit of interested because at least its an original idea....it might not be a good one but people might be like 'chainsaw shooting rocketlaunchers......dude...!' and start collaborating.

But you're pretty much saying you want to create a game that is like Age Of Empires...but with a different story...and that while you can help with all the fields, you are after people who can do the coding, graphics, music, 3d models, sprites, storyline, levels, and that you want to become famous from it.

In my opinion I think you'd be better off looking around in the creation forum, finding some projects that are interesting, and offering to help out so you can 'make contacts'.

• Um...sorry to be harsh but...on first reading it sounds like your not only asking people to make a game for you...but asking them to think up a game for you too.

Perhaps if you had posted an original idea, with some sketches and an explaination of the gameplayer...then people might be intreged enough to have a go and do something up.

For example if you posted:

'Hey I've got this idea for a game, you fire chainsaws out of a rocket launcher which attack glowing green skeletons, and you have to rescue all the stawberries so they can form an army to attack the broccolli!' then you'd get a bit of interested because at least its an original idea....it might not be a good one but people might be like 'chainsaw shooting rocketlaunchers......dude...!' and start collaborating.

But you're pretty much saying you want to create a game that is like Age Of Empires...but with a different story...and that while you can help with all the fields, you are after people who can do the coding, graphics, music, 3d models, sprites, storyline, levels, and that you want to become famous from it.

In my opinion I think you'd be better off looking around in the creation forum, finding some projects that are interesting, and offering to help out so you can 'make contacts'.

-_____________________-

I don't want anyone to do my game, I WANT A TEAAAAM, I don't want to get famous with this, and I want a medieval RTS which I've made a story lol, just erase this topic, I will return with an idea for this and maybe do it alone -.-

• Major projects aren't a joke, too many would-be game developers jump into the shark pool. Not everyone can make out of the pool alive

The RTS is quite a demanding project - just ask Ashley, he's been working on his pet project for how long? And Jesse guy who runs Construct Corner, he's been doing something RTS wise, I believe. But those two are programmers.

It is easy to come up with ideas and artwork, but actual implementation is not that easy. You need a solid framework to use as a foundation for the project - a stable engine that you can expand and work with.

Why don't you look into existing RTS engines? There are quite a few open source engines out there, you just compile them, learn how they function, then proceed to implement your own modifications, story and artwork.

A real RTS is nothing to sneeze at. No sane artist or programmer will join you as long as you only have your head in clouds; they want to see some solid foundations - they want to see that you are standing firmly on ground before they decide to dedicate their time and resources to YOUR cause. Until then, they're happy risking on their own projects.

We don't mean to kill your idea - we are just saying that it is not prepared. At the moment it is nothing but an idea in your mind. We can't work with that. Nobody can, really, nobody is willing to take on a job unless they know exactly what is it that they are doing.

I suggest that you start small, make a simple RTS. Once you get a working prototype, you have an idea of the process already, you know the limitations and such. Once you conquer that, you can think about more complex games.

• After searching for your name I've come to realise you made 'As Aventuras do Jorginho', which I enjoyed playing coz the main character is so happy and I have a thing for platform games But yeah as Mipey says RPG games are the hardest type of game to make...its probably why they are so popular.

I mean just making a system where you can build buildings and place them down on a grid requires a lot of artwork and events...construct makes things a lot easier by having some behaviors like the rts behavior which controls the moving units, but theres still a lot of work to be done...

Dammit now I feel inspired to make a 'building buildings' example :/

*launches construct*

• Thanks for the advices really, I bet its pretty hard making an RTS that's why I decided not to do it alone at the beggin, I will follow your advices.

Artwork is not a problem to me since I do it a lot, but that system of build buildings is why I needed someone more experient in construct than me, but as you said, no one will join me by only presenting an idea, so I started doing the art work and is coming out pretty well, I can show you something soon.

Thanks again

• actually been working on a rts for some time off and on, id say the only REALLY hard part is making a competent enemy ai commander, all the rest is basically arrays and uid's,. and i guess making multi player is a bitch.. but i think the key is to try and keep it simple at first, 3 units 4 buildings one resource. then once you learn how to do that well, expand on it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)