Xbox controller lag?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • Hi all

I'm working on a shooter using classic and I noticed there seems to be a slight lag of a few

Ms when I use the Xbox controller instead of the keyboard.. I'm using an always condition for the input

At present, can anyone confirm my suspicions or tell me a way to get an immediate response?

Thx in advance as always

• I made a few caps with Xbox 360 movement a while back and they didn't seem to lag, can you try these to see if that's the case for you?

360 Control

360 Control Type 2

• I also have this lag sensation when I play my game with the X360 gamepad.

• I think I will have to make some video grabs in fraps to see what's going on

• Thanks for the caps jay jay, but I was using the digital pad.. As mentioned, I think a simple cap and fraps may shed some light

• Thanks for the caps jay jay, but I was using the digital pad.. As mentioned, I think a simple cap and fraps may shed some light

Just curious: is this happening with Construct Classic 2.0?

• Do you mean construct classic r1.2 ? If so, yes..

• I spent the morning checking this out, the d pad doesn't have any lag on a short test cap for the digital pad, so I guess it's my sucky code...although I have found that the pad and joystick controllers can sometimes have a dead zone in the center which can be received as lag.. I tried a digital 360 arcade stick so I coud hear a solid click as feedback for the joystick responding, also monitors can be slow to update...

Hmmm...

Apologies for wasting anyone's time

• Do you mean construct classic r1.2 ? If so, yes..

Nah, I meant CC r2.0 (that version is out now). But, I'm still using 1.2 myself. I can't say I've ever had a lag problem, but I never use the d-pad.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I got the latest, thanks, the auto update didn't work

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)