Xaudio 2 wtf?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Did I miss something...

the sound on my older games i had worked on stopped working several releases ago. I just figured it had something to do with an upgrade to the xaudio 2 object that caused all my old actions to be obsolete or something, but i just realized in my new project that xaudio 2 just doesn�t work. it wont find resources, it doesn�t play files in the folder, nothing.

Its kind of funny I didn�t even notice till now, event though the sound stopped at least two months ago

I guess thats because ive just been focusing on making the various sprites and art for the game

Is there something I need to do to use my audio resources now? Or is this an actual bug.

• I don't know if this is the problem, but am I correct in assuming you put your sounds into the "Sounds" folder? The XAudio2 plugin only finds resources that are in the "Files" folder.

• yep that works. thanks, i knew it had to be something simple like that for me to be the only one with the problem.

and as for my old games, all there files were automatically placed in the sound and music folder.

but i have to ask. Whats the point of having a sound and music folder, if it only loads for file folder?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The folder's display is a relatively new feature. Sounds, and music folders should be implemented eventually.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)