Variable Check

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • Hello!

I am trying to make a fast test here, and I need some help.

So, I am using the Window object to Hide and Show the game window when I press CTRL+Space.

To do this, I use a global variable: VISIBLE, wich starts off 1.

Now, what I would like to do when I press CTRL+SPACE is something like:

IF (VISIBLE = 1)    Set VISIBLE to 0
                              Hide window
    ELSE                   Set VISIBLE to 1
                              Show window[/code:2lqg7v9x]

Tough, I can't find a way to do that IF. Help? Where is that?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: After toying around, I came up with another problem: when hidden, the game won't be reciving any key presses. Consequently, it won't get the input CTRL+Space (or any other), and so won't show up!
  • > when hidden, the game won't be reciving any key presses. Consequently, it won't get the

input CTRL+Space (or any other), and so won't show up!

Why do you have a game where the game window isn't even showing?? But to answer your question, your game window has to be active to receive key presses. It is a Microsoft Windows thing and you don't have control over that without writing a separate background program that hooks key presses.

• It is just suposed to be a test... --'

Thanks for the info. Tough, I see some software (don't know if Construct is able to do this, but oh well) that is in the traybar and with a few keypresses will show up. That's the kind of stuff I want to do.

• On your "where's my IF at" question

object.visible --> Do stuff
    |
    else (or you could use: object.invisible) --> Do other stuff[/code:e68e5kqr]

The IF's are hidden, everything is kind of an IF statement so to speak
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • On your "where's my IF at" question

object.visible --> Do stuff
    |
    else (or you could use: object.invisible) --> Do other stuff[/code:1yzpzpjd]

The IF's are hidden, everything is kind of an IF statement so to speak

You are right with the 'if'-part. All events are structured this way, on the left side is either a condition or a trigger.

But you are wrong with '(or you could use: object.invisible)' in this case. The reason, why this wouldn't work here, can be read in this thread

• That explains a problem I'm having right now as a matte of fact. No time to thoroughly read it right now, it's going in my Construct bookmarks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)