unwanted limit of objects

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • Hi everybody.

I'm having a kind of limit of objects issue. I have 23 objects in my layout (including the invisible objects like Mouse & Keyboard) and every time I create a new one, one of the ones I already have disappear. Well, it still seems to exist according to the facts that it still is in the events, and that I can't rename an object the same name because that name is already taken.

But in fact, it is no longer in the layout, and the events related to it don't work when playing the game.

Is there a kind of objects limit I don't know? Can I set it to more than 23?

Thanks in advance.

Kan

P.S. I'm using 0.99.62 . I tried to reinstall 0.99.42 and open the .cap file with, but the same problem occurs.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • There is not a limit of 23 objects. I have had well over 100 objects in a layout (I'm sure others here have had a lot more. You should post your cap or describe in more detail the problem, because there shouldn't be a limit like that.

• Yes, I know that's stupid! There wouldn't be a 23 objects limit!

But it's not that easy to explain. Here's the file : http://butor.com/resource.do?uid=1262672470021

Just go to layout 4, then try to create any new object. One of the old objects will surely disappear from the layout and the list (set your object box to "show small icons (horizontal)" to see that the number of objects do not change when creating a new one.)

I really don't know what could cause that.

Kan

• Just go to layout 4, then try to create any new object. One of the old objects will surely disappear from the layout and the list (set your object box to "show small icons (horizontal)" to see that the number of objects do not change when creating a new one.)

Um... well...

I can add objects to your .cap just fine . Everything is working normally. And yes, I did it exactly how you described.

I really don't know what to tell you.

• I never would have guessed...

Well, that's even not because I'd have an illegal version on Construct?

I don't what I'll do though...

The worst is that my old objects still are in the total object list (in "Project" in the project box), and they also still are detected in the events. But they don't work when playing the game! And they are invisible to me in the layout and in the object list!

Thanks anyway for trying to help me.

Kan

• Sounds like a computer problem to me then.

What are your specs?

Like how much system Ram, what graphics card are you using and how much Ram does it have, and what processor.

Can't imagine what else it could be.

Krush.

• Here they are :

Processor AMD Phenom Triple-core 2.10 Ghz

3MB RAM (DDR2)

graphic card Nvidia 256MB GeForce 9300 GE

I'm on Windows Vista SP1 (and now that the editing of my movie is complete, I'll switch to my Ubuntu Linux 9.04 more often ).

Is there a problem with the pieces? To me, all seems enough powerful, but maybe that's not the point...

Kan

• Oh, and my processor is 64 bits to add to that. BUT, I'm actualy using Windows Vista 32 bits.

• Well, it seems nobody knows.

If ever somebody happens to have the same problem, I found a solution : create a dummy layout in which you create the new object you want to have. Then copy-paste it in the layout you want it to be used in. It will work like that.

Kan

• Sprite named "PIOCHE" gets replaced if i make a new sprite, but after that new objects get added to list normally. Construct also crashes when i click certain objects in the list. Maybe the cap is corrupted?

• Yeah, I get exactly the same thing.

I don't think my file is corrupted cause the same problems occur in other projects.

I really don't know...

Kan

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)