Trouble with a wave file

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Two levels with two sistem Wave. with Source-code (.c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • The file in question can be found here:

http://www.filedropper.com/clockbell

I can get other wave files to work but not this one, it plays fine in the resource previewer and as a music resource, but not as an autoplay/load.

The file is 44100Hz, 2822kbps, 32 bit, Stereo, while the ones that work properly are 44100Hz, 1411kbps, 16 bit, Stereo. So I figure its a format issue? If this is the case, I am also curious as to if anyone knows of a decent free bit of software that can convert this file to the proper format (Google wasn't real helpful - or I am just punch drunk).

Thank you.

• That file is obscenely large, over 200MB o_0

That's probably the issue, trying to play such a huge file.

Use Audacity to convert it to an mp3 or ogg with a somewhat reasonable size.

• Odd, it shows on my machine as 2.6 Mb. If this is the case, I dont think that the file size is the issue.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Most sound cards only support 16 or 24 bit sound files - I think XAudio2 is clever enough to play 24 bit sounds on 16 bit hardware by converting the sounds automatically, but I dont think it does that for 32 bit sounds. Resampling it with an external tool should fix it.

• Worked like a charm thank you, converting it to 16 bit did the trick. Also, thank you Dataflashabot for pointing me in the direction of Audacity.

• Odd, it shows on my machine as 2.6 Mb. If this is the case, I dont think that the file size is the issue.

Oops, sorry... I must have misread b as KB or something (although it's still probably best to convert to ogg or something, unless you have a specific reason not to)

Also, thank you Dataflashabot for pointing me in the direction of Audacity.

No problemo!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)