triggers?

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Game Triggers is as versatile as a Swiss army knife, and will be a great resource for any type of game you're creating.
  • I have been using Construct for a bit, but I still can't figure out how to make triggers.

• What kind of triggers are you trying to make?

• Hmm, 'triggers' is a bit ambiguous. Any condition->action group could be considered a trigger.

I'll take a stab at what I think you might refer to. In many games, the player walking over a certain spot might trigger an event, or some similar thing?

For example, a hidden trigger spot can be made by making a sprite to serve as the trigger point, setting it to be 'invisible on start', giving it a private variable 'triggered', then setting a couple of events like so:

+ player: player overlaps trigger

+ trigger: Value 'triggered' Equal to 0

-> trigger: Set 'triggered' to 1

-> (do stuff that only happens once, unless 'triggered' is set back to 0)

OR... for duration effects and such:

+ player: player overlaps trigger

+ trigger: Value 'triggered' Equal to 0

-> trigger: Set 'triggered' to 1

-> (do stuff that only happens right when triggered)

+ trigger: Value 'triggered' Equal to 1

-> (do stuff that keeps happening until you set 'triggered' back to 0 to reset the trigger, or perhaps 2 to make it a one-time only effect)

Anyway, if I'm way off the mark, you may want to explain in detail what you want to achieve.

• Thanks for this Silent C. Whether it's what redwhizrd is after or not, it's something I wanted to know.

Thanks again.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is actually what I wanted to know, thank you very much.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)