transitions within a layout

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Complete the collection by purchasing Game and Film Logo Transitions Pt.2: Musical Loops
  • How would I make a simple transition that makes the screen fade to black for a few while and then fades in again within a layout?

I would be using this in a way to remove objects in front of the player without him saying "WTF?! objects suddenly dissappeared like bugs bunny!". So what I would like to do is fade the screen to black for a while and in that time duration, the game would destroy some objects, then fade in again, and so on. HEYLP! Whats up doc?

• Create a layer as your topmost layer, place a full screen tiled background in black on it, and then fade that layer in and out whenever you need it.

Krush.

• Or using Krush' suggestion, but a mosaic effect instead, gradually growing larger and larger then back again. I dunno, it's a fun effect, very retro

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Create a layer as your topmost layer, place a full screen tiled background in black on it, and then fade that layer in and out whenever you need it.

Krush.

That's exactly how I do it. Even if I'm actually changing to another layout, I still manually make my own fader object on the top layer. I guess it just feels like I have more control over how it works that way.

• The gradient object has all that built in, fade to transparent, fade to another color, bla, bla, bla.

Heck if we had a radial gradient you could even do a Warner Bros. title screen.

Krush.

I'm sorry if this is a mega bump but, I want to know how to make that effect. I can't find the "fade" effect on layers.

Thanks.

• Well, I was actually able to do it, but just a simple fade in/out effect. What you need to do is simple make a black tilebackground covering the whole layout, then set its opacity to 0 by default, when give it a private variable which is also equal to 0.

Now when you need to use a fade in transition, just make an event like this (lets say the private variable of black is called opa, and the black tiled bg is called black:

If black's opacity < 100

--> Every 1000 millisecond

--> opa = opa + 1

--> black's opacity = opa

Yeah, something like that. Just do the opposite for the fade out thing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)