Top Down RPG

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Set of tiles to create a map for top-down games with island theme
  • Dropbox public link (latest .cap):

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1378330/RPG.cap

A few questions:

1. So I have a sprite with the 8-direction behaviout on it. Thing is, the "perspective" I'm going for is not top down, so I need the sprite to travel slower vertically than horizontally. Any ideas how to acheive this?

2. So my NPC (friendly) AI system basically works like this: NPC's roll a random number to decide if they're going to do something. If they do decide to do something, they look for a "node", and if they can see one, they move to it. For this, I'm using a combination of the RTS behaviour and the LOS behaviour. Problem is, I can't figure out how to get NPC's to move to a different node - right now they only move to the first one I made. I don't want to make it a random choice, however. I need something that takes into account the distance between the NPC and the node, and also a priority level for the node (i.e. my fisherman NPC will be vastly more likely to want to fish). [you know when I said it was slightly solved? I broke it again... It works the first time]

More questions as I come to them I guess...

• yo,

In responce to question 1:

1. So I have a sprite with the 8-direction behaviout on it. Thing is, the "perspective" I'm going for is not top down, so I need the sprite to travel slower vertically than horizontally. Any ideas how to acheive this?

Add another "8-direction" to your player. Now change one from "8 directions" to "2(left/right)" and the other to "2(up/down)." Now the up/down and left/right movements of your player are isolated and you can change the max speed of each. The only other tweak you need to do in events is when you start or stop ignoring input you have to do it to both behaviors.

Later.

• lik is dead

• Haha that might be because the thread is 3 years old burningcake ;)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Haha that might be because the thread is 3 years old burningcake ;)

woot :D

• can you reupload it :)

• Sorry, I think that project is long dead. I had a look for the source but I have had a few reformats and crashes between then and now, and I think it's gone for good.

• sh*t..

can you share any similiar to this? :O

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)