Status of Fammilies

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Heyah,

Its been a while since i posted here.

Anyway, my CC knowledge is not really up to date. Whats the status of Fammilies? Last time i checked they were incredibly buggy to the point where they could preety much screwe up your entire CAP.

I am asking because i am tempted to use them, but i dont want to get myself into another mess.

• Most of the problems were fixed, but you might want to refrain from deleting or renaming family variables, that was what caused problems when I was using them.

• hmm then how to get rid of the Vars if ive made an mistake? deleting the whole fammily?

And what sort of problems you encountered? Can you name them?

• I left variables there and simply didn't use them. I can't remember what the problems were, but I recall the project becoming unstable and having to revert to an earlier version.

• Hmm. I see.

I am thinking about using Fam's for colision detections.

Basicly If Bullet Overlaps Enemy then > something happends

And as i have many enemies i though to group them with a Fam.

So instead of the above it would be like:

If Bullet overlaps Fam >then something

No actual Fam's related variables. Just using the Fams to wrap many objects into one category.

What do you think? in terms of safety.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's fine, I never had any problems doing that. Again, family variables should work fine if you don't delete or rename them.

• That's fine, I never had any problems doing that. Again, family variables should work fine if you don't delete or rename them.

Ahhhh how nice.

Thank you Arima :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)