Sprites get blurry

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
Build your map with these isometric objects and terrains
  • first I thought it was a bug in construct that it got slow on some collisions, but now that I look closely, my images get blurry every time I open them in the editor and save. So... I searched the forums and I found 2 topics relevant, one said something about making the sprites 2,4,8,16, etc pixels but that doesn't work. The other said it was his graphic card fault. I don't have the money to buy a new graphic card, so I hope it is something else.

tl;dr, I open or create a sprite, and when I close the editor/save it gets blurry. If I open again, it gets even more blurry. Any ideas?

i.e.: http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/7321/52590170.png

Using construct 0.99.96 and having an Intel G41 IGP

• Your graphics card probably defaults to using some kind of filtering or lossy image compression, probably on the assumption it improves performance in 3D games, but this is bad for the picture editor.

I think you'll have to look through your graphics card settings, and see if you can find any settings relating to texture compression (should be none) or filtering... otherwise, best to contact your graphics card maker and ask them, I'm afraid (tell them it's a DirectX picture editor).

• OMFG! YESH!!!! xDDD thank you so very very very very much, I was in crisis, is just 5 days for GGJ and I'm kinda pressed being a team leader and stuff ;___;

Be sure I'll donate when I have money (extreme poorness right now u.u)!

• I have an issue with sprites that move in any direction. For example, say I have a sprite of a sequence of animations of a guy running in-place; in that situation the sprite doesn't blur.

But when I make that same sprite move across the screen in any direction, it seems to have a slightly blurry look as it moves.

Do you think this is a similar issue to what kirby posted?

• I had an issue with sprites bluring at runtime (and text not being aliased), but when I changed to a proper display resolution it was all crisp and working as it should. If you're having issues only when sprites move, maybe try changing to point sampling, or make sure the sprites are always with integer positions?

• I have an issue with sprites that move in any direction. For example, say I have a sprite of a sequence of animations of a guy running in-place; in that situation the sprite doesn't blur.

But when I make that same sprite move across the screen in any direction, it seems to have a slightly blurry look as it moves.

Do you think this is a similar issue to what kirby posted?

Don't cut my head off, but I think I should bring this to attention: A TFT LCD with more than 5ms may also give this impression of a blurriness while in motion. But well, then you would have noticed this already in games you play.

• I had an issue with sprites bluring at runtime (and text not being aliased), but when I changed to a proper display resolution it was all crisp and working as it should. If you're having issues only when sprites move, maybe try changing to point sampling, or make sure the sprites are always with integer positions?

Thanks alspal. I tried what you told me, but now I think the problem may be what Tulamide is talking about. I'll explain in the following post.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Don't cut my head off, but I think I should bring this to attention: A TFT LCD with more than 5ms may also give this impression of a blurriness while in motion. But well, then you would have noticed this already in games you play.

Cut your head off? No, I'm a nice guy

Yeah, I think you're right. As far as I know, my monitor is 5ms and is a TFT, and I did notice blur while playing XBOX 360 games, but it's been so long since I used it for that I guess I forgot about it.

• Okay, I found the answer as this is the first thing that pops up in Google search. Also note the date of my post as I'm using the most current version of C2.

1) Click to the project propriety window--

2) Mess with all the "Project" and "Configuration" settings.

After turning things on and off, I got my game to load with no blur.

Also posted here--

• Okay, I found the answer as this is the first thing that pops up in Google search. Also note the date of my post as I'm using the most current version of C2.

1) Click to the project propriety window--

2) Mess with all the "Project" and "Configuration" settings.

After turning things on and off, I got my game to load with no blur.

Also posted here--

BurningWood

But why post in the CC section in a 4 year-old thread?

• zenox98 I'm getting lost trying to catch up, so I'm trying to leave bread crumbs for myself and others to follow. Also, it shows that I'm reading and trying to keep up. Some users on this forum feel that people who ask questions need to show they have done the initial work.

LOL, Construct 2 is becoming a Bible.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)